Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2

Dc2 fuel surge!!!

Having fuel surge issues on the track when there is still a 1/4 showing on fuel guage.

Any not too exotic or expensive fix's????

Fuel surge? as in fuel cutting out?

If your car is old then it's probably your fuel pump strainer/filter. My 94 dc2 had similar problem, when 1/4 tank left sharp or fast turns/corners would cause the engine to turn off momentarily cause fuel feed was disrupted. I replaced it and runs perfect again.

Careful when you pull the pump out to not drop the old strainer in, was a fkn pain to fish it out of the tank.
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2862545

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OEM-QUALI...item27cd2ce7c6

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfusi0n View Post
    Fuel surge? as in fuel cutting out?

If your car is old then it's probably your fuel pump strainer/filter. My 94 dc2 had similar problem, when 1/4 tank left sharp or fast turns/corners would cause the engine to turn off momentarily cause fuel feed was disrupted. I replaced it and runs perfect again.

Careful when you pull the pump out to not drop the old strainer in, was a fkn pain to fish it out of the tank.
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2862545

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OEM-QUALI...item27cd2ce7c6
    No, track use only. Hard acceleration out of a corner to have it coff/splutter/coof & splutter some more & it's still got around 10 ltr's in the f'ing tank.
    What do you other track guys do???
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    my accord euro has this same issue.

i replaced fuel filter.... but even with my car... i could have more than 1/4 and it still does it- only when cornering left hard. its shit as... power cuts and bogs down hard!.

i havent found a fix yet
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Would a surge tank help in this case??

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    Would a surge tank help in this case??
    Well yes, but. If you are retaining the original fuel tank then the in tank pump will effectively be sitting in the swirl pot or tank baffling.

As the tank is about 48 litres we're going to install a non original type tank with a suitable baffle/sump/pick up, if I can find one of a suitable size!

As our races ard only short we probably only need a 30 litre tank less 10% for the foam.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra R
    Hey 39erman what category are you racing in and which state?

cheers

Genghis

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    NSW IPRA U2ltr.....
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by 39erman View Post
    NSW IPRA U2ltr.....
    Cool. Good bunch of guys. I used to race my Teg with them in 3E trim. Got to do two meetings on one weekend. Remember doing 2 qualifying and 6 races on one weekend at WP. 92 laps! All I had to do was turn the number plate sponsor panel around after each race (it was only $100 extra to double enter).

Might do the Nationals as I have a slightly 'warm' engine in the workshop that I would like to give a run.

cheers

Genghis

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    That would be excellant....
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by 39erman View Post
    That would be excellant....
    Have you done much to your Integra? Have you 'inherited' one or built it?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis View Post
    Have you done much to your Integra? Have you 'inherited' one or built it?

Cheers
    You'll know the car, it's the ex Howell (VIC) ex Payne (NSW) 2011 winning car. But, as with most of these race cars, the car that was purchased is NOT the same car that last ran in 2011. We've had to do suspension mods, gearbox ratios, brake setup's, aluminium flywheel just to get near his 2011 times and he was on A048"s and we're on A050's!!!! Plus numerous other minor annoyances that we've fixed. Now it looks like we'll need to pull the engine after last weekends SMP round as it's using about 2 or 3 litres of oil per weekend which effects the Vtec...

Still, having said that and spent quite a few thousand, are we disappointed in our 1st Honda? No way.....

That's it No.39, It's my nephews car and I'm guiding him and setting up the car as this was his 2nd raceever in the car....

You've probably seen my previous car which I just sold in Feb, now looking at a IPRA Honda to build....

Last edited by 39erman; 24-06-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...