Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 94 vtir

Upgrades for H22A

Hey guys, I'm looking to find out what the best mods for my 94 lude would be considering the mods i already have, and model it is.

It is a Jap spec H22A so it has some more power to begin with?
    It has a full sports exhaust from headers back

So for price range what would be next best things to do without being stupid with price?

I was thinking intake piping and ecu with tune? would that be a good idea or?

Member Array
    Car:
    83, 85 &86 lude
    Depending on what you want to spend (I know that's obvious) but there's a fair bit of bolt on aftermarket support.

Best place to start is with exhaust and extractors (americans call them headers) then work your way into the head and cams/cam gears.

Of cours adjustable cam gears will need some tuning and adjustment with the possibility of some machine work so be prepared to start putting your hand in your pocket.

What kind of gains are you after?
    1986 JDM DOHC B20A Gold Top Prelude: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-honda-prelude
    Want JDM? I can source it for you - PM for details

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Another one of these treads.

I think its time someone made a sticky on how to get power of your Honda.

Start Simple mate, As zedries said heaps of mod but are your pockets deep enough?

General Guide on Honda Modding,

Before you even think of getting your ecu or work on the cams etc. Ask yourself. Im going to the track? Or this my daily? Do I want attention seeking mods? Or Do I want something that will get me real 'go'? How much can I afford to spend?

This is just how I like to Tune my Honda's

1st up I do like a little attention = Intake + Exhaust = Very Minimal Gains for alot of $$

2nd I like go kart like handling = Coilovers + Sway/Strut Bars + Alignment + Tyres = No HP Gains, but my exit speed on corners have increased by alot. = Bang for buck.

3rd I want more go out of my motor = Lighter Flywheel + shorter final drive + Heavy duty clutch = Now I take off like a rocket and not worried about shifting too quick. Car's acceleration will be greatly improved. Starting to keep up with Factory turbos. = Bang for buck.

At this stage you would've used like 6k if bought all new retail cost + labour.

In between I also recommend things like Major service, maybe new aftermarket radiator + Low temp Fan switch and Thermostat.

Now if you want to proceed. This get more expensive. But will gain alot more. No need for u to know, unless you gonna track your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Wow you do deserve billion reps for that thread.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 94 vtir
    Thanks for all the responses,

So I bought this car for $4000 and it already has a lot of these mods done,

Coilovers, exhaust, heavy dutch clutch, sway bar and strut, tyres and i think that is it... (how do i know if the fly wheel has been done?

So from here I was looking at spending about $2500 more and for more of the response and usable power (road use)

so in terms of handling this thing feels like a go cart and flies through corners,
    My thing is that i don't get power until 5000rpm (vtec obviously)
    and don't want to have to be reving the **** off it all the time just to be getting good power at the wheels

Therefore i was looking at intake and manifold with a new ecu and tune?
    Would this be the best thing to do or??

And as for gains I'm look for 20kw+ atw of usable power (mid range power preferably)

LET ME KNOW!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    In that case a falcon or commodore would better suit your needs. The reason for vtec was so you could rev high and feel feels
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Only way to make 200kw on any sort of budget from a H will be to stick a Prescion 6262 on the side of it and off you go. Will still set you back a fair bit more than your $2.5k
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    you could tune it for more power in the lower end and a lower vtec crossover point. cost you barely anything, and will increase your lower or midrange power a noticeable amount, but will take from your top end.

Member Array
    Car:
    lude s2k ge8
    couple hundred dollars no doubt. otherwise an unreliable chip off ebay for a few hundred aswell, can tell them where you want vtec cross over.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA7
    go for s/h parts such as cams, cam gears, aftermarket ecu, skim the head to raise the compression a bit if budget allows, + tune

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 94 vtir
    Ok so im looking at an overall power increase with the crossover just being smoother is all.

So intake, ecu and tune I can get some decent gains then and if budget always cam and cam gears?

Should be within my budget of $2500? Roughly?