Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink 02 dc5 fuel consumption

Hey guys,
    Got myself a dc5 2 months ago or so with 101kms on the clock. Completely stock no performance mods done to it whatsoever.
    I've been noticing that when I drive at a steady pace. Not thrashing the accelerator I seem to be only getting about 320-340kms per tank? Filling up with 98 of course.

Wanting to know if this is normal and if there are any changes I should look for in order to help increase fuel consumption. Not really worried about losing some power for it.
    Thanks for your time people!
    EDIT: car is automatic
    Last edited by BishaiR; 06-03-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote figures in L/100km mate. Consumption "per tank" is meaningless, as people fill up at varying indicated fuel levels and the gauge may not be accurate. Measure you consumption properly for a couple of tanks, and then come back.

check tyre pressure
    change oxygen sensors

Sorry about that it was about 13L/100km if my calculations are done right
    I keep my tyre pressure at 38psi which is what my mech recommended.
    I'll look into the oxygen sensors

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    whoa 13 is a bit high.. you should be getting 10.

Clean dirty filters too. Are you stuck in traffic constantly?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Suburban driving, not city. I rarely go over 3k revs to be perfectly honest.
    Thanks for the help so far, I'll check the filters and oxy sensors

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Subscribed for better fuel economy methods.

Things I've done :

Cleaned air filter and changed o2 sensor. Which did help my fuel eco.

Currently getting roughly 12/100, though the more I think about it. I kind of think this is the rough number I will always be getting no matter what due to the mods on my car.

PS: I was about to change my fuel filter out but I heard it doesn't really help much. Any insights anyone?
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Wow that's a bit average. I manage about 9.5L/100km with my K20 EK. When were you're spark plugs last checked?

I'm going to talk to my mech about those replacements and see what he can do.
    I haven't heard much about fuel filter from what I've been reading

Quote Originally Posted by eLtrix View Post
    Subscribed for better fuel economy methods.

Things I've done :

Cleaned air filter and changed o2 sensor. Which did help my fuel eco.

Currently getting roughly 12/100, though the more I think about it. I kind of think this is the rough number I will always be getting no matter what due to the mods on my car.

PS: I was about to change my fuel filter out but I heard it doesn't really help much. Any insights anyone?
    well i spoke to a few people. Apparently starting off cheap with things like fuel filter can help. but from all the research I've done, it seems the main ways are tyre pressure and the O2 sensors

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    DC5R - Your usual I/H/E - I overfill, Always to the rim. Not a drop less. Preferred V-Power.

This fill up was 48.76L and she did 526.8KM. I do all kinds of driving. Freeway, hills, city, stuck in traffic. I use 1 n 1/2 tank a week.

Normally hit VTEC in 2nd or 3rd entering motorways. Also should note my car is throwing P1166 and P1167. I dunno if should replace the o2 sensors. As Im getting good K's.

My tip for fuel consumption, always fill up full tanks. It takes energy from the motor for the fuel pump to work. Lower the fuel level more harder you pump gota work?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    DC5R - Your usual I/H/E - I overfill, Always to the rim. Not a drop less. Preferred V-Power.

This fill up was 48.76L and she did 526.8KM. I do all kinds of driving. Freeway, hills, city, stuck in traffic. I use 1 n 1/2 tank a week.

Normally hit VTEC in 2nd or 3rd entering motorways. Also should note my car is throwing P1166 and P1167. I dunno if should replace the o2 sensors. As Im getting good K's.

My tip for fuel consumption, always fill up full tanks. It takes energy from the motor for the fuel pump to work. Lower the fuel level more harder you pump gota work?
    its time to stop posting
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe