Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R18 ECU Tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    misinformation is the deterent, nothing wrong with the manifold. FD2 Type R was based off the FD1 chassis, FD2 R is arguably 1 of the grestest NA FWD ever produced.

Cruiser LOL, my pos came 3rd recently at a recent time attack event even with 30kg of rear towbar attached, had no trouble beating all of the track Evo's, STi, wrx's, turbo Mx5, S2000 etc thats right stripped trackcars.

too many assumptions !

Yes, BASED on it.
    but the FD1's are NOT FD2R's are they?
    and the FD2Rdoes not have a R18a motor does it?
    yes.
    the FD1 are more based as cruisers, as they do have a sluggish motor, and it's no where near a performance motor.
    hence most people just put body kits. wheels and suspension on it.
    face the music bud, the FD1 is not a performance car from factory, and was never meant to be.
    not dissing your car, well done with it.
    but don't compare your car to a FD2R.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by destrukshn View Post
    Yes, BASED on it.
    but the FD1's are NOT FD2R's are they?
    and the FD2Rdoes not have a R18a motor does it?
    yes.
    the FD1 are more based as cruisers, as they do have a sluggish motor, and it's no where near a performance motor.
    hence most people just put body kits. wheels and suspension on it.This is what
    face the music bud, the FD1 is not a performance car from factory, and was never meant to be.
    not dissing your car, well done with it.
    but don't compare your car to a FD2R.
    Bingo

The reason why nobody has developed PnP ECU solutions for the R18A motor is because hardly anybody is interested in purchasing so - there is no market for it.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    I think ya reading my posting the wrong way destruckshn, In no way am I saying my cars equivalent to a Type R, chassis is the same ! no doubt they have alot more welds to aid rigidity. My point was the first prototype for the FD2R was an FD1. With my cheap ass turbo kit I have about 20hp more than a Type R and about 80nm more torque. Brakes? well my 4 pot brembo, coilover and Cusco sways are all equivalent ( interchangeable between both models FD1 and FD2R ). Which would be quicker, I'd back my lighter less sound proofed boosted R18a. If the FD2R was available thru Honda Aust Id be driving 1.

I have stated previously there is almost zero gains from bolts ons for the R18, I am in no way selling the R18a as any sort of performance motor, even with the turbo, its restricted on the intake and exhaust side of things.
    Last edited by Stevil; 04-04-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    I think ya reading my posting the wrong way destruckshn, In no way am I saying my cars equivalent to a Type R, chassis is the same ! no doubt they have alot more welds to aid rigidity. My point was the first prototype for the FD2R was an FD1. With my cheap ass turbo kit I have about 20hp more than a Type R and about 80nm more torque. Brakes? well my 4 pot brembo, coilover and Cusco sways are all equivalent ( interchangeable between both models FD1 and FD2R ). Which would be quicker, I'd back my lighter less sound proofed boosted R18a. If the FD2R was available thru Honda Aust Id be driving 1.

I have stated previously there is almost zero gains from bolts ons for the R18, I am in no way selling the R18a as any sort of performance motor, even with the turbo, its restricted on the intake and exhaust side of things.
    misinformation is the deterent, nothing wrong with the manifold. FD2 Type R was based off the FD1 chassis, FD2 R is arguably 1 of the grestest NA FWD ever produced.

Cruiser LOL, my pos came 3rd recently at a recent time attack event even with 30kg of rear towbar attached, had no trouble beating all of the track Evo's, STi, wrx's, turbo Mx5, S2000 etc thats right stripped trackcars.

too many assumptions !
    Ok.

We believe you.
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Feel free to youtube the Marulan Shootout ! Lol