Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R18 ECU Tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    you are the only one i know of.
    the manifold resriction is the deterent.
    so you are very limited of what you can do with it.
    most people see the 8th gens as cruiser then a performance car.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    misinformation is the deterent, nothing wrong with the manifold. FD2 Type R was based off the FD1 chassis, FD2 R is arguably 1 of the grestest NA FWD ever produced.

Cruiser LOL, my pos came 3rd recently at a recent time attack event even with 30kg of rear towbar attached, had no trouble beating all of the track Evo's, STi, wrx's, turbo Mx5, S2000 etc thats right stripped trackcars.

too many assumptions !

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    lol go hard Bubba n Renzo, tell me of another tuner who has installed flashpro successfully for the R18a ? B-)

Nedkerry cause there was no distributor for the TSI turbo kit in Oz I contatced TSI direct and boy were they keen to get my business.
    Well I guess you got me there stevil, no one including BYP can properly tune a R18a, as when they do yours, they always seem to blow the motor.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    lol Renzo atleast ya got a sense of humour ! just a shame ya know SFA about tuning and motors B-) ya welcome to take it for a spin anytime, just not this sunday as Ill be doing the Nulon Hill Climb up at Buladelah. Hopefully my tune handles the drive up the freeway.....

No doubt Destrukshn and there r plenty of other tuners out there, what I was trying to say was the R18a has been out for what 8 years now and I doubt I was the only 1 who wanted to be boost, but where are all these other tuned/boosted 8th Gens R18a ? just sayin ! anyway save ya cash get some better incar entertainment.
    Worth considering that not everyone who modifies their car will jump on the forum(s), just saying!

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    lol Renzo atleast ya got a sense of humour ! just a shame ya know SFA about tuning and motors B-) ya welcome to take it for a spin anytime, just not this sunday as Ill be doing the Nulon Hill Climb up at Buladelah. Hopefully my tune handles the drive up the freeway.....
    Sweet mate, I'm in Sydney in May, would love to see the famous byp tune. Just don't go stevil knevil on me during test drive.

Nekminut blown motor wot

Funny you say that I know SFA about tuning motors, I guess that's something me and BYP boys have in common?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    haha all good !

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Update:
    So the guys at Superchips gave me three options: Hondata (too complicated), piggyback ECU (rubbish) or a Link ECU.
    They're made in New Zealand, and possibly named something else in Australia.
    http://www.linkecu.com/
    The way he described it (caution - bad paraphrasing) was that the data on your existing ECU is copied and replaced by a Link ECU, unlocking you from the restraints of the ECU manufacturer. From here, you/someone more knowledgeable than you, can safely and properly tune it accordingly.

Ballpark cost was ~$2000 = ~$1400 for the unit, and ~$600 for dyno/tuning/etc.
    The potential gains he mentioned (ballpark again) were around a 20% increase.

This is all just a preliminary analysis at the moment and I'll report back when I get some more concrete information.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro
    My preliminary analysis is...
    The lights on but no one is home... Wake up!

Hondata (too complicated) ? - If "Dumb & Dumber" can do it, anyone can.
    Piggyback ECU (rubbish) - Yet the cheapest solution
    Link ECU - This is a wire in stand alone aftermarket ECU & a pretty good one too...
    But, you haven't factored in the cost to fit this ECU...
    Or the fact that it won't work anyway when fitted because Link can't do fly-by-wire
    + reading & copying the OEM ECU & turning that data into something usable by the Link ECU sounds easy to you.

& potential gain from just tuning - 20%...
    In the real world, where we live the R18 engine is unresponsive to both fuel & ignition changes.
    Think about it...

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    haha all good !
    So, will you take us for a joyride?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    LOL @ dumb & dumber
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian @ SAS View Post
    My preliminary analysis is...
    The lights on but no one is home... Wake up!

Hondata (too complicated) ? - If "Dumb & Dumber" can do it, anyone can.
    Piggyback ECU (rubbish) - Yet the cheapest solution
    Link ECU - This is a wire in stand alone aftermarket ECU & a pretty good one too...
    But, you haven't factored in the cost to fit this ECU...
    Or the fact that it won't work anyway when fitted because Link can't do fly-by-wire
    + reading & copying the OEM ECU & turning that data into something usable by the Link ECU sounds easy to you.

& potential gain from just tuning - 20%...
    In the real world, where we live the R18 engine is unresponsive to both fuel & ignition changes.
    Think about it...
    Thanks for the feedback, Adrian. I will most certainly obtain a copy of Dumb and Dumber immediately (please advise if DVD or Blu Ray) and commence tuning my car with it.

Sarcasm aside, thanks for bits and pieces of useful information in your post.

I'm also sceptical of the numbers which is why it's a preliminary analysis with ballpark figures until it has been substantiated.