Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Aerpro fascia kits

Just searched around the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for, but I wanted to ask about the fascia kits for an FD Civic (not for my car), belongs to a mate.

I'm wary of the ebay fascia kits as I have seen one that was so warped from the heat, it looked as if someone set fire to the fascia kit. I've also seen complaints of buttons not fitting etc, so I'll give $69 ebay trash a miss.

I went to a very large audio store in Sydney and they sold Aerpro Fascia kits for FD Civic in grey (for a VTI-L), price is $140 though.

Now what I want to know is has anybody given Aerpro fascias a try?

I tried one of thier fascia kits when I had an AU Ford Falcon and that fit and worked fantastic for me, but this is like comparing apples to oranges...

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    I've purchased an eBay fascia kit for my Civic FD, and my girlfriend's GD Jazz with varying results in installation:
    FD
    I got it for (IIRC) $50 from a Melbourne eBay retailer and it was garbage. I had to do a lot of filing, drilling, and bending to get the new head unit to fit. Even though I didn't have all the right tools for the job, what should have been a 1.5hr job (max), turned into a 8hr job.
    In saying this, I haven't had an issue with it since and if I had to do it again, I'd still go the $50 unit since I'm familiar with what needs to be done.....and I'm a tightarse.

GD
    I bought it for ~$120-$140 from a UK eBay retailer, and it was perfect. Installation was a breeze. Everything clipped in perfectly. She's been using it for a year now with no issues.

I've only used Aerpro for cable harnesses so I don't know what they're like for fascias, but at least they're a more reputable brand. My mate bought an Aerpro fascia for his Mazda 3 (2003 model) from Super Cheap Auto - I can't remember the price or if he's installed it, yet, but I'll find out more for you.

For ease of installation, I'd go down the $140 path.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I've used a dc2 Aerpro fascia kit.

for what it is (chinese plastic) it does a good job.

I only used 20% of the kit because the kit was designed for multiple vehicles. Mainly just the DIN fascia and pocket underneath.

Once its all in, looks neat and holds strong.
    SSpamily

Why don't you just buy the OEM FD2R double din? OEM is best.

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/oe...ivic-fd2-06-11

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Why don't you just buy the OEM FD2R double din? OEM is best.

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/oe...ivic-fd2-06-11
    cause it's black lol. interior is grey, it sticks out like dogs balls

would defs go OEM though if it were grey for a VTI-L

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Managed to find the genuine part number for a grey one today!

77250-SNA-U03ZB

... if anyone needs it.

Amayama has it and I also found an ebay seller with one.