Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra R

Brake mounting differences

Hi gang, does anyone know if the mounting holes for the 4 stud 262mm Integra Type R front brakes and the 5 stud 282mm callipers are in the same place? (meaning are the mounting holes the same distance apart).

Cheers

Genghis

Yes the caliper mounting hole distance is the same on both knuckles (DC2 & DC2R)... it's a common upgrade

If you're upgrading, you'll have to machine off 3mm from the Type-R caliper bracket to get it center on the rotor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Yes the caliper mounting hole distance is the same on both knuckles (DC2 & DC2R)... it's a common upgrade

If you're upgrading, you'll have to machine off 3mm from the Type-R caliper bracket to get it center on the rotor
    Thanks Dorikin. It is a production race car and the original owner put CRX callipers on it so it is already running 282mm rotors (on 15s). What I am looking at is putting a set of original late model DC2 R callipers back on it so I can run some Brembo HP2000 pads on it. It's a bit of a marketing exercise because these pads are actually road homologated pads but they perform better than the Ferodo race pads that I currently run and have been very successful with.

Cheers

Genghis
    Last edited by Genghis; 06-04-2014 at 03:05 PM.