Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OP

like the bottle suggests - this stuff is basically clogging up your rings / bores or valves in a temporary effort to seal the motor to".....pass emissions...."

It has done nothing and will return back to its low compression state promptly. You can't replace rubber or metal with liquid. I wonder what other oil galleries are getting clogged by this stuff ?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8

Rislone low compression fix WORKS!

I haven't had a problem so when you have had experience with it let me
    Know

Quote Originally Posted by Jamwa3 View Post
    I haven't had a problem so when you have had experience with it let me
    Know
    Hey I'm not implying it will cause an issue - I'm saying it's effects are temporary at most.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    Sorry I'm just finding that so many people talk about this stuff like they've used it thousands of times when it's obvious they haven't..... This wasn't me saying it has completely fixed the problem I just want to show the results and how long they last and by my experience it's worth doing so far for someone who can't afford or have time to do it

Wasn't meaning to have a go at you, just surprised to see this stuff on the market now. First knew of it back in the 50's-60's, called Holt's piston seal. Then a brand called STP brought out an "oil conditioner" in the 70's I think, which as was mentioned just thickened your oil (even sponsored Indianapolis race cars). There's others called "Smoke Stop" which claim to do the same things. All quick fixes but don't solve the problem long term.

Can I make a suggestion? Do another compression test in a weeks time, if it's dropped back to what it was, pour a teaspoon (5ml) of thick oil, say 80-90 grade G/box oil into the cylinders through the plugholes, give the engine a couple of turns and retest the comp. See what you get.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    But that's the thing have u tested it? What if it fixes the problem until you do your next oil change or it lasts until you have time to fix the issue? Or maybe it is that the oil is to thin so I can use this stuff until my next oil change or what if it actually fixed my problem which I myself am highly doubtful but this is only for results for people who need something like this and reassurance it's not going to kill your engine

I'm just going to go ahead and say what everyone else is too nice to say. You're a fkn moron - understand the basics of physics and the workings of an internal combustion engine before claiming your bandaid fix to be a miraculous solution to low compression. Only a rebuild will solve your problem and this will NOT last long enough to matter.
    Last edited by DaRKNT; 09-04-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    OP, how long have you run this wizardry in your engine? How many kms have you covered?

Can you please do a retest after a few hundred kms, as well as your next oil change and give us updates?

Please don't disappear if they are no good - this happens way too often when people find out its not what they expected.

I'm genuinely curious and would love you to prove everyone wrong. But as a minimum, keep this thread updated

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 civic ej8
    Thank god someone else who is curious! So I've had in for about 150kms now and it's still pulling hard I'll do a retest at about 400kms and then probably 1000kms and then before and after my oil change with probably still 10w-40 magnatec I was going to get a thicker oil cuz it's seems like I need a thicker but for this experiment I won't

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Thank god someone else who is curious! So I've had in for about 150kms now and it's still pulling hard I'll do a retest at about 400kms and then probably 1000kms and then before and after my oil change with probably still 10w-40 magnatec I was going to get a thicker oil cuz it's seems like I need a thicker but for this experiment I won't
    Tbh everyone else who has commented also seemed curious however I do believe as well that this will only thicken your engine oil.

Would also love to see the results
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yeah that sounds good. I'm pretty keen to see the results. If the results do happen to fade away something like a 10W-50 or 15W-50 might be good for the next oil change after the test is complete
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015