Thread: D13b1 civic

D13b1 civic

I'm new to this forum and picked up a civic, it has a d13 carby non vtec in it. It's my first car and I am going for my P's soon, I brought it for $600 in decent condition, drives awesome. Was just wondering if there was anything I could do with this engine to increase hp and torque just to get abit more out of it at a reasonable price, I'm not looking to do engine swaps or turbos, just looking for the little things that could help with some changes in power, any answers will be much appreciated!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    best mod would be to do an engine conversion

Just do the generic mods; Intake / Headers, won't get you very far but it's a good start
    D16Y4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was planning on doing the intake/exhaust already has headers on it any other things that could help get abit more out of it?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    best thing to do is strip the interior

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    best thing to do, would be to do nothing. its a d13 carby.
    SSpamily

hehe

Nothing cheap will get you more power.
    But.... air filter, better plugs, new leads (im assuming is a electronic dizzy, if not get a new cap), exhaust with more flow eg.2" should be good for a 1.3
    Advance timing a little.
    What type of carb do these have? I really don't know much about this motor.

One sec mate I'll check

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    In my opinion, get a good service, change all consumables and make it run in tip top condition. Then maybe do the exhaust for some noise (anyone miss the carby sound? Haha) and focus on making the car fun. Suspension, sway bars, etc. Anything else spent on the motor would be a waste of money. Plus if you love the car, down the track when you make a bit of money you can do a motor swap and all the handling mods won't go to waste!

You've picked up a great first car buddy. Enjoy it, try to DIY as much as you can as its a great car to learn on. E.g. Have fun learning to wire up your sound system etc and enjoy it for what it is

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Do keybangers and love life
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6