Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

s2000 and the new 86

I figured I'd bring this up being that a second hand 86 GT in the market now costs roughly the same as a used S2000 ($23k++).

Anyone here driven both and could provide an opinion?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^ above video is all you need to know.

Yeah I've watched that video, but has anyone here actually driven/owned both?

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Pm dadar, he owns s2k, drove a 86 the other day

Said it was not as powerful, but still nice to drive
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    every bit as sharp, but just more comfortable
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    I have driven both. Own an S drove a mate's BRZ. As curtis says, the BRZ is quite sharp and overall feels more 'refined' in terms of build quality, but has less of a 'racey' feel to it (obviously). Downside is it lacks power (quite a bit in my opinion) compared with the S. BRZ is however easier to drive and would probably be better for a daily driver in stop-start city traffic.

Personally however, I would choose to drive the S over the BRZ 99% of the time despite the S being a whole lot more uncomfortable.
    Last edited by black8thgen; 16-04-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Driven both, id take the practicality of the 86 over the s2000 if daily driving is in the equation.
    Both are great cars though

I wonder what the timing differences are like on a track stock against stock. Anyone tried having a go to see the differences in lap timing?

I have also driven both, 86 is a better car in pretty much every way besides power. Also comes down to looks too, which is personal preference. The build quality of the 86 is amazing for the price though.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Things are everywhere, I see more 86s than commodores these days. No way I'd consider one. But that's just me.

I'd think it'll depreciate substantially next year when the newer model comes out in 2015, the GT's are taking quite a hit. After a month, I've seen prices from 30's drop to 25s.

That being said, anyone with the dough to own/track both?