Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    86 would probably lose value in the second hand market fast as their are so many on the roads.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    86 would probably lose value in the second hand market fast as their are so many on the roads.
    Of course.

Us honda fan boys will continue to keep prices of NSX/S2k and DC2R up high, cos we ballers yo.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    of course they are bang for buck... they are made for todays market. made to be affordable. moneys tight these days guys

but if you are tying to say that a BRZ feels better to drive than an s2k or handles better or has better performance in anyway, your on drugs.

the brz/86 are awesome cars. no doubt.... will be amazing if turbo charged
    but the way an s2k handles... more of a go kart type feel. it reacts like a kart. its twitchy... you need fast reflexes to drive it hard. they are a RAW machine.

your not really comparing apples with apples. the cars were built for different purposes...

i prefer s2k for fun....

if i was driving anything more than 2 hours an 86 would be comfortable.

they are very under powered though. thats my main disappointment... and yeh you could spend the extra 22k on the motor go for it... but you kill engine life, can become unreliable and to get WORTH WHILE power you need to go FI. turbo it...

beauty about s2k..... Its ALL MOTOR... Tune then with bolt on mods and they come alive... no turbos or sc needed to have a sick time n 3rd gear drifts.

depends what your into. it all comes down to what people want from a car. 86 is a fun car. hands down. but motor is kinda boring....
    f20c is one of the most amazing engines... with a 9k rpm limit from factory... talk about reliability. and they can cop abuse after abuse after abuse....
    Dont care what anyone says.... no way an 86 motor will cop abuse like a f20c and be in the same condition after 150,000kms.

guy just bought an s2k with 186xxx on it.... motor comp test was 220 220 225 220....
    not far off factory fresh... thats amazing!

i have driven subaru with that many kms... ones that are looked after are decent but dont feel as crisp as a honda motor.
    many people buy s2k for the motor! its what you pay for...
    the way its all made and goes together... so simple yet so effective.

try change spark plug 4 on a wrx... call me when you finish...
    s2k - 10min n finished all 4.

cars were built for different target markets.

but i wouldnt say no to an 86 for a daily car.... im might go FI but would be sick fun!

sorry for the rant...
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Why are the 86 and S2k even compared?

You can't buy a brand spanking new S2k anymore. I think the biggest reason why I'm not blowing all my savings away for a s2k atm, cos its 2nd hand and not new. Where as the 86/BRZ will be a virgin.

S2k cost 70k when new. top 86 only cost 48k?

thats a whopping 22k left over for you to play with 86 to squeeze that missing pull out of the motor. Trust me that 22k is more then enough.

I've taken both side ways.
    Who cares if it's second hand.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie15 View Post
    Who cares if it's second hand.
    Woo this was a big feed for my troll side. Careful there lad.

Also strong agree phill, but then again like you said different cars for different markets. Different markets look after their cars differently.
    Last edited by amant02; 01-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    let's see what you got lol

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Do you really believe everything you read on the add's.

Clean car, drives like a dream, etc etc.

Willing to my left nut on you buying a 2nd hand car and finding out a surprise a week later or so. Little or small, there is always something. Hidden Stain on the carpet, Hidden cum shots in the back seat list can go on.

Specially with 2nd Sport Cars. Given maybe 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000 maybe genuinely clean.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    personally I always inspect interiors with UV light prior to purchase

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Ill make it easier for you.

You want virgin that hang like wizard sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    personally I always inspect interiors with UV light prior to purchase

that looks nasty hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The 86s are a really nice car. A young new car buyers dream. And loads of potential to upgrade.

But for me it's still not a powerful convertible sports car.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    The 86s are a really nice car. A young new car buyers dream. And loads of potential to upgrade.

But for me it's still not a powerful convertible sports car.
    I get you now