Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Recommended exhaust 2 1/4 inch, what about the tip does that matter what sort whether it be cannon or the normal muffler.
    Someone told me Honda extracters are pretty good as it is, doesnt really make much different if you get new ones.
    Personally i think canon is good for looks but shit take-off, got to rev it up heaps.
    Still leave them for the turbo's!

I was thinking of changing tip and throwing my airfilter back in (from online performance) they said you can get different air-filters for different purposes ie. 400 mile or track.

I just want a non lagged take-off. Because you **** that up even a mongoose bicycle will snap ya! :shock:

Member Array
    The tip is only a look thing.

The muffler will determine the sound and if a straight through system add performance. Straight through mufflers like the N1 exhausts are extrememly loud and will attract attention of the cops.

Best performance in regards to an airfilter is not to have one. Different airfilters for different purposes is bs. The less restrictive the better, and if you don't want to lag, rev more on takeoff.

The flat panel aftermarket air filters are just as good as the pods. As long as the air flow is there its all good. Obviously the colder the air the better. The reason you get added performance when changing to a pod rather than keeping the factory box is due to the fact that the factory boxes are very restrictive (for noise amongst other reasons). Pods instantly have more air flow and can breathe easier.

If people try to tell you that if the pod is just sucking air from in the engine bay its not good for performance then i wouldn't be asking them for any sort of mechanical advice... :roll:

Upgrading to a pod (or any aftermarket filter) will definitely give some small power gains, more noticable in non-VTEC engines. That is with the pod in the engine bay, without any piping bringing cold air from the front of the car. With VTEC engines, the power gain sometimes isn't much at all (1-2hp) but you get the induction noise (which we all like)... :P

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vti-2
    If people try to tell you that if the pod is just sucking air from in the engine bay its not good for performance then i wouldn't be asking them for any sort of mechanical advice... :roll:
    But if the pod is just sitting in the engine bay it will be sucking in hot air which will offset any flow increase. It is argued that while the car is moving hot air is not an issue, but take into account that the pod does heat up and heats the air that enters it.

BTW: All this talk about pods is because they have a larger surface area. But to take full advantage of it, you have to install it correctly.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Originally posted by wynode:
    But if the pod is just sitting in the engine bay it will be sucking in hot air which will offset any flow increase.
    It will suck air that is hotter than if it was sitting under the front bar or if there was a ram pipe bringing air to it in the engine bay but it's an arguable difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    i fitted a pod and cai last week to my accord. i personally can feel a difference from the stock air filter. i dunno bout performance wise, but throttle seems more responsive, and it sounds frickin awesome wen vtec kicks in . u can hear it sucking the air in aswell wen u accelerate.

so it better to put k&n panel filter in my gli rather than pod??

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wil
    so it better to put k&n panel filter in my gli rather than pod??

hehe problem is that i can't get any... lolz not out yet....

just a note:

-cooler air is more denser than hot air and is therefore performance can be more optimised by some sort of apparatus either DIY or aftermarket to suck in cooler air.

-OEM airboxes are good providing the resonator has been removed to somewhat improve air flow.

-exhaust for B16 I would recommend 2 1/4" make sure this is ID (inner diameter) piping rather than OD (outer diameter) as your ID pipe would most likely be less that 2.25".

-as for muffler choices...again make sure it has the same ID piping as the B-pipe otherwise you would lose some bottom-end torque due to the decrease in back pressure!

Hope this helps

cheers

wat do u mean by resonator???

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Its used to reduce inducion noise and in a civic is usually fuond under the airbox (in front of the front tyre).

Its held by a few screws, which you can take out and putt it out (its a funny looking thing!)