Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by illchay View Post
    Ek4 with injen cai
    B16A2 engine - do the exhaust system I mentioned earlier, this will allow the powerband be good throughout but bit more on the low - mid end. Will you be getting a tune or planning to do anythig else? It's good you got injen CAI
    Last edited by HondaTurboVtec; 17-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you want top end go a 4-1 header with a 2.5in exhaust, tho you will struggle to keep it quite
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe
    Hi guys,
    I have a d16y8 engine, What will I gain the most out of the 2 setups for this engine?

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by samyip View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a d16y8 engine, What will I gain the most out of the 2 setups for this engine?
    You can increase up to 5 - 10 or around that figure horsepower & some torque, best results are from a tune. However it isn't really worth it or required for small engines, unless going engine internals, turbo &/or you don't mind paying for a tune with bolt ons.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe
    I'm thinking I will get my exhaust system done and get the car a tune, but I don't know what is best between 4-2-1 with 2.25" or 4-1 with 2.5". What set up will get the most power out of the d16y8 engine, I know it not a big gains that why it's better to do the one that will gain the most out of the 2 setups. (I have Injen CAI)

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Exhaust system 4-2-1 Headers/Extractors with high flow cat 2.25" exhaust system
    That is what you should get, your car is great for that best flow for the engine you have.
    Last edited by HondaTurboVtec; 17-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe
    Thanks mate

yea after i do my exhaust get the greddy ecu tune it then do b18c7/r gearbox and heavy duty clutch then after 3 years get my fulls boost it

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Quote Originally Posted by illchay View Post
    yea after i do my exhaust get the greddy ecu tune it then do b18c7/r gearbox and heavy duty clutch then after 3 years get my fulls boost it
    I reckon you should get the clutch done, once the one on the car is basically about to finish or do it when you plan turboing it that way it's new.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    (.Y.)
    Thanks mate
    Get a resonator fitted so it doesn't have that tingy sound, you can also get a twinloop muffler. Twinloop muffler when cruising it's nice and quite, moment you hit the accelerator nice sound.
    VTEC Gets You Laid!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe
    Cheers!

is 1200 cheap full 4-2-1 extractors high flo cat twinloop exhaust all stainless steel installed i got 2 qoutes one wanted fukn 1800 for the same thing