Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Exclamation Integra Dc5 Type S Coilover Troubles

Hi all,

I installed my coilovers about a month ago. BuddyClub N+ coilovers. and recently start to do clunking noises, more in reverse while turning and also rare occasions of clunks going forward also turning.

I went to a suspension shop, where they told me springs are binding and having pressure and releases a pop or clunk sound. the mechanc Checked all bolts and nuts they are all on tight. Bushings are all good and steering column is on tight.

I also raised the preload up by 3-4mm and still no good.

I would like to know if anyone has had this problem before? or anyone that knows information on it and how to stop it.

Thankyou!
    "since we're both asian.. I'll look after you and chuck in King Springs with the wheels and tyres for $1050"

I had the same problem. this helped
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=802741

You will probably find the the pillowball top mount has failed or seized. Check with Jdm yard for replacements
    Using Tapatalk

Check the upper mount center nut is tight
    Check the tie rid end links are properly torqued ( tight)
    Check there isn't any grit or gunk on the spring perch - making them grind or clunk when the steering is moved
    ( by design the front springs will spin and pivot with the steering, if it isn't perfectly tight / captive the springs can bounce and unevenly spin around)
    Try spraying some WD40 or similar around the lower spring perch area and see if that temporarily fixes the issue- pointing to the last thing to check out