Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

s2000 engine rebuild costs

Was wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt their engine's at a workshop, not DIY! How much did it cost in total for labour + parts?

I've tried looking all over for information on the costs associated with it but can't seem to find any, would be great if someone could point me to a previous discussion that I missed.

You need to tell us what spec you're rebuilding to... Standard Refresh? High Comp NA? Turbo/Supercharged? Stroker?

And what parts you intend to buy new, reuse [Caution with what you reuse], etc etc etc...

Amount of machine work, etc etc etc...
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 19-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    I was looking for the same thing aswell for rebuilding I got quoted from 3.5k-6k depending on labour cost etc.

Contact MSC in northside, they can hook you up with a pre-rebuilt engine.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    You need to tell us what spec you're rebuilding to... Standard Refresh? High Comp NA? Turbo/Supercharged? Stroker?

And what parts you intend to buy new, reuse [Caution with what you reuse], etc etc etc...

Amount of machine work, etc etc etc...
    Sorry about that, just to rebuild as a standard refresh, with brand new stock parts.

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    hahaha cheers mate but no F20C

Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
    I was looking for the same thing aswell for rebuilding I got quoted from 3.5k-6k depending on labour cost etc.

Contact MSC in northside, they can hook you up with a pre-rebuilt engine.
    Thanks mate, so 3.5k - 6k for a complete rebuild to stock specs with brand new OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by arcenite View Post
    Sorry about that, just to rebuild as a standard refresh, with brand new stock parts.

Thanks mate, so 3.5k - 6k for a complete rebuild to stock specs with brand new OEM?
    No need to say sorry, just saying we need as much information as possible to give you the best answer.

3.5k will be for a very basic rebuild, would say 6k rebuild + some machine work like port and polish, head decking, CC Adjustment, etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well you certainly couldn't complain about that. I spent a bit more than $6K rebuilding to as new, with lots of new parts, my old Triumph TR7 engine.

It is so good now, that with just a little bit of luck, it should have almost half the power of my S2000.

No need to say sorry, just saying we need as much information as possible to give you the best answer.

3.5k will be for a very basic rebuild, would say 6k rebuild + some machine work like port and polish, head decking, CC Adjustment, etc...
    Cheers mate, so I would be looking at $7k tops then prob? Is that inclusive of labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbeen View Post
    Well you certainly couldn't complain about that. I spent a bit more than $6K rebuilding to as new, with lots of new parts, my old Triumph TR7 engine.

It is so good now, that with just a little bit of luck, it should have almost half the power of my S2000.
    hahaha but nothing like a good ol' vintage car

Quote Originally Posted by arcenite View Post
    Cheers mate, so I would be looking at $7k tops then prob? Is that inclusive of labour?
    Like previously mentioned

Depends on spec...

Like previously mentioned

Depends on spec...
    stock specs mate

$7K I would say involves a fair bit of machine work etc...

$3-4k would be stock spec with clean up machine work, replacement of consumables [Gaskets, Seals, Water Pump, etc] cleaning up of running parts, etc.

Been a while since I've done stuff like this so maybe wrong but shouldn't be too far off either.

$7K I would say involves a fair bit of machine work etc...

$3-4k would be stock spec with clean up machine work, replacement of consumables [Gaskets, Seals, Water Pump, etc] cleaning up of running parts, etc.

Been a while since I've done stuff like this so maybe wrong but shouldn't be too far off either.
    Good stuff mate