Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    What is the best method to clean perpherated leather and a value for money leather care kit. What is recommended products for cars with soft paints and would it be better to apply with dual action orbital or hand?
    trying to decipher your message! haha.

For leather, you can use a soft leather brush and cleaner to remove any dirt and condition afterwards. If required also seal the leather if need be to protect against contaminants, dirt, and transfer of dye from clothing. Duragloss offer a kit here which is quite handy.

The DAS6 or DAS6-Pro Kit's are perfect for basically any type of paint and can correct from hard ceramics to the softer japanese honda/subaru paints quite easily. Just remember you ideally should clay the car prior to any work and of course finish with your favourite wax, or synthetic sealant if you like instead.
    [CENTER]car care products australia

■ products - expert advice - training - detailing - paint protection ■

■ Sydney ■ Melbourne ■ Brisbane ■

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    thought i would just chime in, by no means to hijack. feel free to remove my post if deemed so.

Car care product's leather kit is great. Very good for the detailing hobbyist. The brush can really get into the textures of the leather. Duragloss's product quality range is great.

My method of cleaning and protecting perforated leather is that to START with the solid leather parts, work the protectants into your applicator as well as the seat. that way, you have minimal chance of letting the protectant seep down the perferations's holes due to the minimal ammount of conditioner you have on the applicator. If you have too much on your applicator the liquid will get stuck underneath the holes which looks very unsighly in sunlight.

I started with the DAS6 kit, not a bad starter only thing I would comment is the menzerna compounds on most modern honda paints (especially nighthawk black) is not great.
    You can't go wrong and burn the paint unless your plain silly with the tool.
    I found that the polish cakes on and sticks far to quick. I've had to spritz my passes or add a few drops onto my pad with mineral oil (baby oil) to keep it from gumming and caking, but the PF2500 makes a great single stepper as it cuts nicely removing all swirls and breaks down into a nice polish to finish, given that the paint is somewhat harder than most honda paints.

Then onwards, the world is your oyster, and carcareproducts stock a good range of worldwide products.
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 10-07-2014 at 12:45 AM.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapdouchebag View Post
    thought i would just chime in, by no means to hijack. feel free to remove my post if deemed so.

Car care product's leather kit is great. Very good for the detailing hobbyist. The brush can really get into the textures of the leather. Duragloss's product quality range is great.

My method of cleaning and protecting perforated leather is that to START with the solid leather parts, work the protectants into your applicator as well as the seat. that way, you have minimal chance of letting the protectant seep down the perferations's holes due to the minimal ammount of conditioner you have on the applicator. If you have too much on your applicator the liquid will get stuck underneath the holes which looks very unsighly in sunlight.

I started with the DAS6 kit, not a bad starter only thing I would comment is the menzerna compounds on most modern honda paints (especially nighthawk black) is not great.
    You can't go wrong and burn the paint unless your plain silly with the tool.
    I found that the polish cakes on and sticks far to quick. I've had to spritz my passes or add a few drops onto my pad with mineral oil (baby oil) to keep it from gumming and caking, but the PF2500 makes a great single stepper as it cuts nicely removing all swirls and breaks down into a nice polish to finish, given that the paint is somewhat harder than most honda paints.

Then onwards, the world is your oyster, and carcareproducts stock a good range of worldwide products.

All good, not a hijack what so ever!

We have never had an issue using PF2500 on Honda Paints before, and from our side wouldnt recommend using mineral oil as this will break down the product more or not allow it to work at its full potential.

Causes normally of caking up and sticking is a factor of too high speed, and of course sticky honda paint! A speed of 3-4 on the honda with a medium pad and 2500 should sort it out pretty easily! Even those dreaded solid black s2000s! (ARgh!)
    [CENTER]car care products australia

■ products - expert advice - training - detailing - paint protection ■

■ Sydney ■ Melbourne ■ Brisbane ■