Battery life on a Jazz

Hi guys,

How long do you find your car battery lasting? I've had my Jazz for 5 years now. The first lasted 3 years, the second lasted only 2 years. I'm wondering if this is a bit on the short side.

I do drive the car a fair bit - it's up to 106,000kms now. My average day would probably involve 4-6 starts with a mix of 5-40 minute drives.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Just changed the factory battery in mine, after 10 years to so. Approx 105,000KM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    The original factory battery in my 2007 GD lasted 5 years and 9 months, replaced at 78,457km.

Cheap batteries are a false economy. Spend a few extra dollars and get a Century Extra Heavy Duty battery and you should get a much greater life out of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    ^Wut he said.

Non of my cars batteries have died under 5 years. Even my dads camry changed his factory battery this year. 08 model camry we have owned since new 208,xxx KM's after.

If you never let your car battery drain to very low levels they should last a long time.

Mine is 3.5 years old and needs replacing since it is now starting my car with only 250CCA.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    I managed 7.5 years with a Corolla a few years ago. When I changed the battery, it didn't even die yet... just felt a bit long to start so I did it to be sure. The battery was the original Panasonic one that came with the car, it had the individual caps to fill with water too. I miss those days cause this actually allowed me to maintain the battery properly. Not fond of these sealed units where I get only 4 to 5 years or so.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks as though it was my wife leaving the heater running for a few minutes after stopping the car that killed the battery. Anyway, I've since given it a full charge from mains with a smart charger and it's been starting fine since.

scotty kilmer recommends using batteries that you can top up. It last longer than the maintenance free sealed ones. Periodically, top up the battery with DEMINERALIZED water (or clean rain water)

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Scotty Kilmer is a douche.