Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B18C options

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Awwwwwwwww shittttttttttttttt
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerockets View Post
    Hey guys, ive tried to search if anyone has asked this but I cant seem to find anything so here goes

Ive just got my hands on a JDM B18C, I was told by the seller that it was from a JDM DC2R but after I got it home I had a better look and according to the internet the P72 isnt a type R motor.

I was wondering other peoples opinions on putting a b16a head with b16b cams/springs/valves onto the b18c block?

Would there be any clearance issues? Would I be better off just getting a thinner head gasket and putting the cams/springs/valves into the b18c?

Cheers

Depends on what your goals r
    Have u done much research? What r your goals?
    If u want power high up go with a type r head as it has some port work and a good valvetrain
    P72 works good with turbo builds
    I remember reading up that the pr3 head has less aerodynamic drag coz of less internal surface area and the stage 2 intake manifold which is why it's better for N/A
    The p72 has a smaller combustion camber
    A programmable ecu, exhaust cams and intake manifold with some dual valvesprings and titanium retainers then a tune

With the whole p72 confusion
    B18c blacktop will have p72 for block and head
    B18cr will have p72 block and sump pr3 head
    Intake manifolds r also different
    It's simple to tell the difference between a type r and non type r b series engine