Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B18C options

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux

B18C options

Hey guys, ive tried to search if anyone has asked this but I cant seem to find anything so here goes

Ive just got my hands on a JDM B18C, I was told by the seller that it was from a JDM DC2R but after I got it home I had a better look and according to the internet the P72 isnt a type R motor.

I was wondering other peoples opinions on putting a b16a head with b16b cams/springs/valves onto the b18c block?

Would there be any clearance issues? Would I be better off just getting a thinner head gasket and putting the cams/springs/valves into the b18c?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I wouldnt waste your time changing cylinder heads. The P72 combustion chamber has a better design and will net 0.5:1 higher static compression ratio vs a P73 head.

If you are going to the extent of putting OEM Type R cams in, you would be better off putting a set of Rocket Motorsports M22X or M22KE in with a set of valve springs, retainers.

Combine this with a Skunk2 or Edlebrock intake manifold & a nice set of headers and exhaust system to make some good power figures
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Thanks for the reply, ive also had someone recommend getting a thinner headgasket to bump up compression a tad.

Which cams would you go with considering if you had access to the CTR valvetrain for free?
    Last edited by ricerockets; 07-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.

If you're opening up the engine, may as well do it once and once only, not going back after finding your upgrade feels 'ordinary'. Stnrd's suggestion is a good one

Higher Compression only good if you have the parts to take advantage of it, otherwise it presents more problems than happiness.

Best to sit down and think what you want to do with your car and what you want to achieve then can help better
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 07-05-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    The other thing you need to think about is how much money are you willing to invest.

Not know what other mods you have done to your car or what chassis it is in, I cant give an idea of how much it will set you back.

You will need to think about fuel system and engine management for any upgrades made to the cylinder head and bottom, along with clutch upgrade, so factor that into your calculations.

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me a pm
    Kermit EGK20A

are the rocket motorsport cams even available anymore?
    I had a quick look the other day and thought they were discontinued

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I am the sole Australian Rocket Motorsports dealer
    Kermit EGK20A

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    hey stndrd tried pming you but your inbox is full,

i was planning on putting the b18c into an ED/EF civic

the car is going to be used as a promo car for work, so it will be seeing as much track time as possible well as being daily driven

i have access to a skunk2 IM, and was planning on a bigger TB along with a thinner head gasket and possibly shaving the head, as for tuning ill have to speak to my preferred tuner and ask them which platform they are most comfortable working with and decide from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Sleeping performance thought an 89mm crank in a b18c would give you 2L.

Be careful.
    Last edited by newpaddy3; 08-05-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    We're doing it for the children.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    trolololol shieeeeeetttttttttttt
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Lol

Lol
    SSpamily