Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo

Pre-emptive closing of threads.

Why is it that now, whenever a passing mod notices a thread has been answered, (totally in their opinion) that they feel the need to close the thread and stop any conversation or further questioning? This Thread is a perfect example of being closed prematurely, I think it was re-opened and closed 3 times? I've noticed more than one thread being treated in this way too.

Just wondering why your doing this wynode, as it's you I've seen do it the most. It's a great way to turn a forum into a ghost town, banning popular posters, killing threads just becuase "the question has been answered"/"this thread is going nowhere".

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSha
    Why is it that now, whenever a passing mod notices a thread has been answered, (totally in their opinion) that they feel the need to close the thread and stop any conversation or further questioning? This Thread is a perfect example of being closed prematurely, I think it was re-opened and closed 3 times? I've noticed more than one thread being treated in this way too.

Just wondering why your doing this wynode, as it's you I've seen do it the most. It's a great way to turn a forum into a ghost town, banning popular posters, killing threads just becuase "the question has been answered"/"this thread is going nowhere".
    Its not just the admin - myself and all the mods do occasionally close a thread after the question has been answered - to avoid unneeded spamming ( thank other members for this sterotype) and offtopic chit-chat.
    Just avoiding the obvious i guess ? Opinons ?

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    I suppose some process need to be defined and standards need to be published to the members to avoid any confusion. Members might think that MOD are abusing their power....

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    NAZI REGIME :P :P... Okie... I'm spamming ..... *Sorry*

Com'on, em' admins ain't doing a bad job... Just don't let me see them face to face :P :P :P :P :P Joking!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    I suppose some process need to be defined and standards need to be published to the members to avoid any confusion. Members might think that MOD are abusing their power....
    the terms and conditions of posting are there for reference - but mostly , a mod closes a thread really just to avoid any issues in the future .

Majority of members dont mind at all - a few members are quite touchy on the subject too tho - being a free forum for the community try to understand the stuff mods go thru ( 4,192 members of all different queries etc) and try not to take this site personally- that is , from myself , any other mods or any other member We are all here to share a common interest

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    What i dont understand is why people cant use ****ing PMs or Msn to chat to other people.

FFS is it like you want everyone to see what you are talking about seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi
    What i dont understand is why people cant use ****ing PMs or Msn to chat to other people.

FFS is it like you want everyone to see what you are talking about seriously.
    Very good point. This isnt a online chat arena...isnt it easier to talk on MSN or icq , rather than leave messages on our site - then wait X amount of time for a reply ?!?

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Supra Twin Turbo
    If I want to ask a question I do a search, I find a thread that is very close to what I want to ask but it has been closed, I then have to make the whole thread again only to get replies like "this has just been done", "use the search button".

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    That thread was re-opened after being locked

But point taken about threads being closed....i'll have a chat to the other mods about it thanks.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSha
    If I want to ask a question I do a search, I find a thread that is very close to what I want to ask but it has been closed, I then have to make the whole thread again only to get replies like "this has just been done", "use the search button".
    You could start a thread with links to your results from your search and continue with what you think has been left unanswered.

That should prevent those replies you mentioned.

Just an idea.