Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04

Accord Euro problem

Hi Everyone,

I have been having some problems with my 2004 Honda Accord Euro since October last year. It randomly loses power while i am driving, the negine light and vsa light comes on and i am unable to go over about 20km/ hour. The only way to stop this is to turn car off then back on again. When the car is not losing power it seems to not struggle a little.

When it first happened in October i took it to Honda, they plugged it in but found nothing because the problem only happens intermittently.

It happened a couple of months back and when i turned the engine off to get rid of the problem, it would not go away that time. I took it to a mechanic and it was apparently the electronic throttle body that needed replacing. I replaced it with a second hand one as Honda wanted $1200 plus. then a couple of weeks later it started happening again.

Now its happening at least 4-5 times every time i drive, it scares the crap ot of me, especially when im on the highway!!

Can anyone help with what it could be?

Thanks so much ans sorry for the essay lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    It could be a faulty APP sensor. Happened to my 06 lux few months ago. No light after replacing the sensor.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    you need have your throttle position sensor calibrated properly.

It is worth buying a $30 bluetooth OBD-II dongle and scanning the code with a suitable app whenever the check engine light pops up.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Thanks guti14 and curtis265. Where could I get the bluetooth dongle from? And roughly how much is it getting the throttle position fixed. Do you know a mechanic who could help me? Im in south west sydney... not sure if you can post details in the forum or not? Some forums are funny about posting business stuff.

I read in another thread on here some where. Someone was having the exact problem I mentioned and people said it could be the battery or fuses or fuse problems??? Omg im so confused

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by layla View Post
    Thanks guti14 and curtis265. Where could I get the bluetooth dongle from? And roughly how much is it getting the throttle position fixed. Do you know a mechanic who could help me? Im in south west sydney... not sure if you can post details in the forum or not? Some forums are funny about posting business stuff.

I read in another thread on here some where. Someone was having the exact problem I mentioned and people said it could be the battery or fuses or fuse problems??? Omg im so confused
    The bluetooth dongle is on ebay.

On that other thread i posted a link on how to recalibrate the TPS too
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    Ok thanks so much. I know nothing about cars as you can probably tell lol.. I will look that up on ebay and go speak to a mechanic tomorrow

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...753800&alt=web

Does this one look any good. I have a galaxy so it says to download the torque app too. Sorry for all the questions