Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    will enkie rpf1 17x8.5 +30 fit on s2000?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rzz View Post
    will enkie rpf1 17x8.5 +30 fit on s2000?
    Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    For those with the same question, found this on S2ki:

For the front:
    Offsets lower than +43 are not recommended on the front because a very narrow tire would need to be used to avoid rubbing.
    +43 to +47 offset: 205 tires, 6.5" - 7.5" wide wheel
    +48 to +52 offset: 215 tires, 7.0" - 8.0" wide wheel
    +53 to +57 offset: 225 tires, 7.0" - 8.0" wide wheel
    +58 to +62 offset: 235 tires, 7.5" - 8.5" wide wheel
    +63 or higher offset: 245 tires, 7.5" - 8.5" wide wheel

For the rear:
    Offsets below 40 are not recommended for the rear because a tire narrower than the stock tire would need to be used to avoid rubbing.
    +40 to +44 offset: 235 tires, 7.5" - 8.5" wide wheel
    +45 to +49 offset: 245 tires, 7.5" - 9.0" wide wheel
    +50 to +54 offset: 255 tires, 8.0" - 9.5" wide wheel
    +55 to +59 offset: 265 tires, 8.5" - 9.5" wide wheel
    +60 to +64 offset: 275 tires, 9.0" - 10.0" wide wheel
    +65 or higher offset: 285 tires, 9.0" - 10.0" wide wheel

No point fitting too wide tires on a stock S2000, you'd be dragging the car down because it doesn't have the power.

That being said, my opinion is that you run 215/245 or 225/255 to keep the staggered layout. If you're running square, and to imitate that staggered layout, you'd need to stiffen up the front a little bit more than the rears.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    Opssss didnt see frist page

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by arcenite View Post
    No point fitting too wide tires on a stock S2000, you'd be dragging the car down because it doesn't have the power.

That being said, my opinion is that you run 215/245 or 225/255 to keep the staggered layout. If you're running square, and to imitate that staggered layout, you'd need to stiffen up the front a little bit more than the rears.
    I respectfully disagree. I'd recommend going as wide as possible more so on rim width. A number of local track go-ers are putting down good lap times on quite fat tyre/rim setups... Myself included and I'm pretty close to stock power

As for the OP, my recommendation on S2ki to check out Urge Designs still proves to be the best option out of all the ones provided on both boards

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I'd recommend going as wide as possible more so on rim width. A number of local track go-ers are putting down good lap times on quite fat tyre/rim setups... Myself included and I'm pretty close to stock power

As for the OP, my recommendation on S2ki to check out Urge Designs still proves to be the best option out of all the ones provided on both boards
    Do you have aftermarket suspension though and how wide is wide

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Do you have aftermarket suspension though and how wide is wide
    I think instead of explaining.. better to see what US AutoX champions use in stock class cars Even then they're going beyond the 225/255 setup you recommended with stock rims So if you have a range of aftermarket rims available then...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1725...s-information/

Didn't realise the OP was going to stay with stock suspension - oops. But still I stand by - wider is better A track is made up largely of corners, so the more lateral grip you can maintain throughout - the better, even at the cost of longitudal grip. But all of this may be irrelevant to the OP depending on what he's doing really
    Last edited by aozora; 26-05-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    I think instead of explaining.. better to see what US AutoX champions use in stock class cars Even then they're going beyond the 225/255 setup you recommended with stock rims So if you have a range of aftermarket rims available then...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1725...s-information/

Didn't realise the OP was going to stay with stock suspension - oops. But still I stand by - wider is better A track is made up largely of corners, so the more lateral grip you can maintain throughout - the better, even at the cost of longitudal grip. But all of this may be irrelevant to the OP depending on what he's doing really
    Yeah but with his suspension setup the staggered would be the way to go, that's what I had in mind when I was recommending sizes to him mate

As I had mentioned if he wanted to go non-staggered he would have to fix his suspension to do so, and personally 255 is the max I would go both F/R. But the OP would need to modify his current setup and possibly add a wing or stiffer front sway bars as non-staggered is known to cause a lot of oversteer due to the additional front grip, and to stick to stock setups it would very dangerous for beginner/intermediate drivers as it's way more difficult to adjust for high speed oversteer without sufficient experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Yeah but with his suspension setup the staggered would be the way to go, that's what I had in mind when I was recommending sizes to him mate

As I had mentioned if he wanted to go non-staggered he would have to fix his suspension to do so, and personally 255 is the max I would go both F/R. But the OP would need to modify his current setup and possibly add a wing or stiffer front sway bars as non-staggered is known to cause a lot of oversteer due to the additional front grip, and to stick to stock setups it would very dangerous for beginner/intermediate drivers as it's way more difficult to adjust for high speed oversteer without sufficient experience.
    Ah, I kinda figured that's what you were going for But I would still say to go as wide as he can but keep a ratio due to the suspension setup (staggered). Or add a front sway and go non-staggered since a wing will look both silly on stock suspension and attract unwanted attention

Hey guys, thinking of going for 17x9+45 and 17x8+45. I think that will give me a flush fit at stock height. What do you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

not my actual car but here's how mine fit

17x9+63 all round
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

I pretty much want to have the wheels flush with the guards, 63 is too high for me.