Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    Ah, I kinda figured that's what you were going for But I would still say to go as wide as he can but keep a ratio due to the suspension setup (staggered). Or add a front sway and go non-staggered since a wing will look both silly on stock suspension and attract unwanted attention
    Nah mate you wouldn't go 285's with stock power , 255's are max you would run unless you want to add a turbo or supercharger to it

Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    I pretty much want to have the wheels flush with the guards, 63 is too high for me.
    Curtis's one looks pretty flush to me , are you going for the rpf1's by any chance, your width/offset combinations happen to be the max they offer.

You're going to need to roll your guards if you want to run 235/255's or 225/255's with that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by arcenite View Post

Curtis's one looks pretty flush to me

are you going for the rpf1's by any chance, your width/offset combinations happen to be the max they offer.

You're going to need to roll your guards if you want to run 235/255's or 225/255's with that setup.
    -I currently have 17x9+47 on the rear of mine and its flush
    -Currently running 245 and 225 and there is no need for guards to be rolled (I am at stock height)

Just tub the car, problem solved...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by EP3TYPER View Post
    -I currently have 17x9+47 on the rear of mine and its flush
    -Currently running 245 and 225 and there is no need for guards to be rolled (I am at stock height)
    Ah I assumed the car's slightly lowered. So you'll be running 225/245 I assume?

Because if you're going to run 255's in the rear you would most likely rub. Unless you're running some camber of course, then it might possibly just fit.

Nah will probably stick to 225 and 245

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Nah mate you wouldn't go 285's with stock power , 255's are max you would run unless you want to add a turbo or supercharger to it
    I would Faster times are won in the corners, not the straights. Let's put it down to a difference in understanding...

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    I would Faster times are won in the corners, not the straights. Let's put it down to a difference in understanding...
    A lot of factors come into play mate here's an example of how wider tyres caused an increase in lap timing on a stock car.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...transformation

Now if that FRS had aerodynamic modifications and a whole other things done to it. I would expect a better lap timing with wider tyres.

My point is that your tyre should only be as wide as your setup allows you to, so as to make full use of it.

There's always a trade-off, more isn't always necessarily better.

Especially on a stock s2k.

You can work out what width and offset will get you your desired fitment with a straight edge with level and a tape measure.
    There are such things as being overtyred for stock setups, obviously going for a lightweight rim helps to counteract that.
    I would personally recommend coilovers first (eg. Shockworks) then rims but each to their own

A lot of factors come into play mate here's an example of how wider tyres caused an increase in lap timing on a stock car.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...transformation

Now if that FRS had aerodynamic modifications and a whole other things done to it. I would expect a better lap timing with wider tyres.

My point is that your tyre should only be as wide as your setup allows you to, so as to make full use of it.

There's always a trade-off, more isn't always necessarily better.

Especially on a stock s2k.

that article is essentially useless as they changed wheel diameter, tyre size and overall diameter all at the same time.

it even specifically states that some of the speed loss on straights was due to the larger diameter tyres. However the results showed it cornered better. I would much prefer to see the results using the same diameter wheel and same overall diameter.