Threaded View

DC2R Reverse Lights Not Working

Hi All,

Have a really strange issue with my 2000 DC2R reversing lights.

I had the clutch replaced on the car recently, and have found my reverse lights
    have stopped working.

So this is what I have done so far:

Checked the fuse number 19 on the fusebox under the dash, tested continuity OK
    Checked the switch is getting a 12V supply, and when in reverse both pins on switch show 12V
    Tested that the lightbulbs are OK, and tested with another pair.
    Checked there is 12V at the lightbulb sockets when car is in reverse and key is in on position.

I suspect that although it's showing 12V at the rear that maybe somehow it's not enough current to power the bulbs,

So is there something else blown? or a bad earth ? I have the factory manual and there is a straight circuit from the fuse to the switch
    and then back to the lights, nothing I can see in between that might interfere.

I also disconnected the plug halfway up the transmission and used a piece of copper wire to bypass the switch, same result. only thing I haven't done is measure resistance in case its high indicating something shorting out.

If anyone has come across this same issue and fixed it, please let me know.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by tseesinngwailo; 14-05-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added troubleshooting steps
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.