Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Just buy a $30 Stanley comp tester from Supercheap auto and use that. Comes with the right fitting for your engine.

If the compression figures aren't uneven or really low then you can place your bets on the valve guides and seals.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Sweet. Thanks mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I've noticed today that my oil pump has a busted mounting point, and the sump gasket appears to be leaking. While I'm replacing the gasket I want to replace the pump too. Is there anything that you guys would recommend. I've seen some "hi-flow" pumps around, is there really anything to be gained? Even if the car were tracked??

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I'm not sure what you mean by a "busted mounting point".

The oil pump bolts flush to the front side of the block. Unless you mean it's leaking somewhere?

I have never seen or heard of a "high flow oil pump" for B series but I have seen some better gears for the OEM pump.

Don't bother with modding the oil pump, honestly. The stock ITR pump creates more than enough oil pressure for street/track/anywhere unless you're trying to build an 11,000RPM engine lol.

Best thing to do would be to replace the pump with a brand new one and also do a timing belt job while you're at it, considering the belt has to come off to replace the pump anyway..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    unless you're trying to build an 11,000RPM engine lol...
    Hahhahanahahahahahahahah
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    I'll try taking a picture for it. By front side do you mean under the cam gears??
    Where the bolt goes through, the casing has cracked and fractured.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    From the sounds of things, dude you have 101 problems that the interwebs cant fix.

Stop reading things on the net. Trial and error will cost you.

Take her to a proper shop and tell them whats happening and to have a sticky beak.

Before its too late. Get ready to spend ~1k on a major service from the sounds of things.

I just have a good feeling, your playing "Catch up services" due to previous owners abuse and lack of caring.

You have a car that's used. Sure you love her, but how far are you willing to go?

Shes already been trashed, use her, have your fun and move on.

Not too mention, your reving to 9k on cold start.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    From the sounds of things, dude you have 101 problems that the interwebs cant fix.

Stop reading things on the net. Trial and error will cost you.

Take her to a proper shop and tell them whats happening and to have a sticky beak.

Before its too late. Get ready to spend ~1k on a major service from the sounds of things.

I just have a good feeling, your playing "Catch up services" due to previous owners abuse and lack of caring.

You have a car that's used. Sure you love her, but how far are you willing to go?

Shes already been trashed, use her, have your fun and move on.

Not too mention, your reving to 9k on cold start.
    Holy fuk you actuallt made a post that wasnt total bullshit
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Holy fuk you actuallt made a post that wasnt total bullshit
    1st post when Im not high. Chopping up 8 tickets to conney land as i Type.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Hahahaha
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Nice1
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    If I plan to go turbo with it, I would rather have an engine that is 100% and reliable. Even if that means doing a full rebuild, bore and hone.
    If I don't fix it, a future owner will be left with the issue, or the engine will just be scrapped, and I personally don't want to see another honda off the road anymore than you do, especially if it occurs while I'm driving it.