Member Array

Seat belt's/Seat harness'/mounting points

Hi Guys,

Just a question about bucket seat harness'

What are the best/safest/recommended mounting points?

Should it be where the rear seat belts are or should a C pillar bar be installed to manipulate the angle?

and,

What are the laws surrounding street legal harness'?

Would love to hear the facts
    PM me if you have b series performance parts!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i installed a 100$ monza harnest thing in my EG by using the rear seatbelt points, like where the buckle straps would bolt down.

never used the harness just for look. but if your serious about the harness get a harness bar it has the right angles etc so u can cross the harness properly and set it up so if u crash it doesnt squish down and compress ur spine.

Why would you want a harness in a road car? They're a pain to live with day to day, and unless properly adjusted every time you get in, no safer than a decent lap sash belt.

Not sure what the current laws are regarding them - best to talk to your local transport department. Used to be you had to keep the original retractable in there as well for use on the road.

If you want to go to the odd track day, then swapping over the harness isn't that much of a big deal if you install decent eye bolts to the floor to the harness mount points, so you can just unclip the harness (same for a harness bar).

Speak to a properly informed engineer , KC. There are proper min. and max angles of mounting,
    You can't just pop them in wherever

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    dont they have different rule for fixed and reclinable 'bucket' seats
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre