Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Eur

[CL9] Enkai Wheel fit

Hi all,

I'm looking at Enkai sc38's for my 2005 Lux

I believe the dimensions of stock wheels are 17 x 7 +55 with a stud pattern of 5-114.3 - weight unknown.

The dimensions of the Enkai are 18 x 8.5 +35 with stud pattern 5-114.3 - weight 11.7kg

I will lower it after fitting however I have 4 questions:
    - Will they fit/rub/scrape etc?
    - What impact will the increase in width have on the overall ride etc?
    - Is there a way to minimise the impact with correct tyre selection?
    - Are 19" x 8.5 too much of a stretch (ride comfort, economy, handling etc)?

Thanks in advance!

Depends how low youre going,

its you go say a 205 and give it a stretch it will be totally illegal but will help clearance.

offset/width/size is pretty mint for cl9's

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Eur
    I'm definitely after legal, my days off testing the resolve of thpolice are over.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say '205 and give it a stretch' sorry I'm noob

205 is tyre width man,
    I would use 225/40/18 to be legal and if you're lowering don't clam it or you'll rub at the front

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Eur
    Oh I've no intention of dropping it on its guts.... Will I get away with 235 though?
    My heart is set on this style and they don't come anything less than previously described unfortunately... well only bigger!

Yeah man 235's would be fine, I have them on my 7 inch rims and it looks seeet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Eur
    Quote Originally Posted by thomwootton19 View Post
    Yeah man 235's would be fine, I have them on my 7 inch rims and it looks seeet
    7 inch rims they must look pretty special! ha ha

235 will fit! Thanks Thomwootton you've made my day with that!

you're welcome haha

What wheels are those? EDIT: just realised they're stock hehe. thought they were LFA inspired or something.
    Last edited by I CU2; 22-05-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Haha yeah man they are stock resprayed with the euro-r jdm colour.
    There a DIY I posted on the first page of the DIY section if you want to see the comparison

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Eur
    Been doing some digging and found this great article on the effects of increasing wheel and tyre size:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...d-tires-tested

Also this web page has a huge selection of wheel weights which come in handy.... the enkei's I'm looking at are 2kg heavier than my "stockies" so happy to go ahead and get em!

http://measurespeed.com/index.php

I figure I'll throw on a rear sway bar to reduce body roll and therefore minimize the decrease in load on the inside of the tyre resulting in maintened handeling specs.....

Happy reading!
    Last edited by hellequin; 23-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.