Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't been on in a few days.

Well I'll be doing a wheel alignment this weekend and see how I go with them figures.
    For those who've asked about my front sway bar, I'm using ITR front sway bar.. Think it was 26mm and rears are 22mm? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too sure about the specs my self.

I didn't track it, this was just on the street, ramp from hill road to m4, 35km/h bend I think..

I've asked around and it seems like I was in the wrong for taking the corner a tad faster coz I honestly don't think my tyres were warm enough lol.. In the past days, I've dropped my tyre pressure down. It had 35psi all round (which I wasn't aware of) and I've put it down to 32psi on the front and 28psi on the rear. So far it's okay, but I'm still terrified at losing control of my vehicle lol..

And cheers again for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post

Well I'll be doing a wheel alignment this weekend and see how I go with them figures.
    For those who've asked about my front sway bar, I'm using ITR front sway bar.. Think it was 26mm and rears are 22mm? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too sure about the specs my self.

I didn't track it, this was just on the street, ramp from hill road to m4, 35km/h bend I think..

I've asked around and it seems like I was in the wrong for taking the corner a tad faster coz I honestly don't think my tyres were warm enough lol.. In the past days, I've dropped my tyre pressure down. It had 35psi all round (which I wasn't aware of) and I've put it down to 32psi on the front and 28psi on the rear. So far it's okay, but I'm still terrified at losing control of my vehicle lol..

ok, didn't see that you had upgraded the front ARB as well as the rear. Probably not so much an issue, just something to get used to.

I don't know what those federal RSR are like in particular, but with cold semi-slicks it can be slippery at first especially if the track is damp/greasy. Semi slicks need heat to grip well and aren't the best in the wet.

Are you braking hard into corners then turning quickly? Lift off oversteer? Might need to just revise your driving style. Post back when you have your alignment results though, will be able to advise better then.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You lifted off very sharply didn't you?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Would still be good to know the spring rates.. If the rear rates are only a bit softer than the fronts (e.g. 14F 12R) it will usually promote oversteer, especially on lift off or trail braking.

I personally think this is good in FF cars but I can see how it would be scary on the street.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    You lifted off very sharply didn't you?
    bet this is the case. hehe
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmEG5 View Post

Your tires are definitely OK if they were bought brand new. I think it is also due to the bitumen asphalt too sometimes, such as if they have a high permeable asphalt design (common for mountain roads) you will not have the grip.

Other conditions like road camber, uneven surfaces, and other factors as such effecting your suspension wheel travel.

This is why testing your car on the road is silly, due to the inconsistent road conditions from a circuit/track road ... if that makes any sense.

From what it seems I believe your setup is great. Just take it to the tracks and have a go. If it makes you any happier my car is setup for track (3-4 years) and I still lose control on bends sometimes, mainly due to the suspension travel and the shitty road compounds that do not suit my cars tracking conditions ...also, if that makes any sense.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Did you install all the parts?

If you did, chances are the coilover lengths probably aren't ideal and the swaybar tension may be scewing the load unevenly.
    The easiest way to get everything very close; is jack up the car in the middle at each end, in turn. Disconnect the swaybars.

eg. jack the rear of the car off the middle of the chassis between the sway bar and the fuel tank. Slowly raise the car. Set the coilover lengths so both left and right wheels come off the ground at the same time. Check the spring preloads and damping rates are also even left to right.

Then when the coilover lengths are correct and if you have adjustable sway bar end links. Loosen the height adjusters on the swaybar end links. Sit the car on level ground with the tyre pressures even. Evenly tighten the height adjusters on the swaybar end links to sandwich the swaybar at the height where the car sits normally. This is to prevent the swaybar from scewing the swaybar unevenly to one side.

Then do the front.
    Check the rear again.

Then get a wheel alignment.

Test on track, then adjust to presonal preferences. Remember one change at a time.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by shake; 29-05-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling