Thread: starting issue

starting issue

Hey Guys,

I have a luxury DC5 and about 3 weeks ago the car wouldn't start up. When I tried to start the car I hear one or two clicks before it stops. So I thought it would be battery related, so went to jumpstart the car and it started.

After that I went to buy a new Batt and replaced it. Car was starting up fine without any issues until today it happened again.

What could be the issue here?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    alternator or a discharge in your car somewhere, running the battery dry over night
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I always like to discharge somewhere, usually in the shower
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by anfo2gig View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a luxury DC5 and about 3 weeks ago the car wouldn't start up. When I tried to start the car I hear one or two clicks before it stops. So I thought it would be battery related, so went to jumpstart the car and it started.

After that I went to buy a new Batt and replaced it. Car was starting up fine without any issues until today it happened again.

What could be the issue here?

Thanks
    Could be battery running low on distilled water..

How old is battery?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Could be battery running low on distilled water..

How old is battery?
    Thanks for the help guys

The new battery is 3 weeks old and been working since, until today the issue reoccurred again

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Hmmmm kinda sounding like the alternator, was your lights really dim or anything in your car electronic wise dim/low powered?

it looks to be normal from what I can tell

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I mean when the issue happened

nah it wasn't when it was happening, looks to be normal

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Grab a multimeter and try testing your alternator to see if it actually charges the battery. Should read around 14volts when engine is running .

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Could also be your starter as this happened to me one time, which replacing the starter fixed it..

Just keep turning the key rapidly until you find that your car starts, if so, the soliniod in your starter is buggered