Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    just rang a couple of engerneers and yes you do need it... so many mixed messages its gonna cost me $480 but at least i wont get hastled by the cops over it. now all i need to know is the weight of both engines.

how many cc's is the b16a? i think i read somewhere that the b18c is like 1834cc?
    1834 for the gsi
    we got a little less for vtir and itr .. 1797
    look at those cubes man !
    hehe =P
    [/quote]

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    i do believe the main difference between the b16a and the b18c's is infact the stroke (eg the engine was given more capacity by increasing the stroke not the bore) and so the b18c weighs almost the same as a b16a. i'd like to see a cop who could tell them apart too =)

if this sounds jumbled, well i havn't slept yet.

-2ds

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    reply...

I reckon go a B20 bottom end with a B16a Head (for compression). Stuff like Cams and valve springs fit the B16s and 18s, so why not pick the better of the two...

And like a cop would know the difference. All B series engines look exactly the same from the outside. Hell, my mate has a Datto 1600 with an SR20DE, and the cops dunno the diff.. and he's had the strip search 5 times on suspicion it might be a turbo...

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    well think about insurance... :?
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy