Member Array
    Car:
    05' Accord Euro

Post [CL9] K20A2 Oil Pump Upgrade Kit

Hey guys,

Just would like to know what the benefits are of upgrading the oil pump on my Accord Euro & if it's worth while doing? I've read something about it increasing power & that it is suitable for high RPM applications but is it really necessary?

I also found a link to a kit but wasn't quite sure if it would be a direct fit to my motor.

http://afhkparts.com/shop/kswap-hond...-oil-pump-kit/
    "Racing at 7000rpm is boring; racing at 9000rpm is expensive.."

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    It all comes down to what you plan on doing to your motor. If you are going to keep the internals stock and not get the ECU tuned, personally I would advise to save your money.

If you plan on doing camshafts, raising the rev limiter etc then it is a good option
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelz87 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just would like to know what the benefits are of upgrading the oil pump on my Accord Euro & if it's worth while doing? I've read something about it increasing power & that it is suitable for high RPM applications but is it really necessary?

I also found a link to a kit but wasn't quite sure if it would be a direct fit to my motor.

http://afhkparts.com/shop/kswap-hond...-oil-pump-kit/
    like springs and timming chain tensioners, it's a safety measure.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars