[CU2] Foglight LED bulb upgrade difficulties

Hey guys,

i was wondering how to change the halogen H11 bulbs in my CU2 to LED, i have got the H11 LED bulbs on hand and i tried to change it today through the sidewell of the wheel and it seems like i cannot undo the bulb from the foglight housing, does it make a difference to whether i unplug it first or twist it as a whole bulb with the wiring attached?

tried to twist it 1/4 way anti clockwise like the manual says but it won't budge.
    anyone know anything about the bulb being difficult?

ps: i don't have a jack or jack stands so kind of hard to get my head under to take a look.

any contribution is appreciated,

Thanks in Advance

you need to have tiny hands for you to change the bulb without taking off the bumper, i tried. In the end i had to take off my bumper

i can reach the connector and bulb, although my arms a bit twisted haha, but the bulb is on so damn tight as its never been changed in the 5 yrs, so any solutions to getting it off?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi, All

I bought a couple of LED fog light globes from Hong Kong for my Civic - and what a waste of money! First time I switched them on, it was like somebody had turned the lights off; no beam definition and I had to check that the foggies were actually on.

One consolation, though: My Civic foglights were accessed by one, or two screws at the front of the retaining plate, so it was easy to go back to the original bulbs.

In the past I was critical of cars with one headlight globe out. Now, I'm sympathetic, after experiencing the hassles of changing headlight bulbs on my Civic. The Euro doesn't appear to be any easier.

Getting off topic, I know, but the Auto Lights on my Euro works in shadow during the day, then the lights won't go off, even though it's literally 'bright as day". Is there a sensitivity control fitted?

CHEERS
    NOEL

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Hi, All

I bought a couple of LED fog light globes from Hong Kong for my Civic - and what a waste of money! First time I switched them on, it was like somebody had turned the lights off; no beam definition and I had to check that the foggies were actually on.

One consolation, though: My Civic foglights were accessed by one, or two screws at the front of the retaining plate, so it was easy to go back to the original bulbs.

In the past I was critical of cars with one headlight globe out. Now, I'm sympathetic, after experiencing the hassles of changing headlight bulbs on my Civic. The Euro doesn't appear to be any easier.

Getting off topic, I know, but the Auto Lights on my Euro works in shadow during the day, then the lights won't go off, even though it's literally 'bright as day". Is there a sensitivity control fitted?

CHEERS
    NOEL
    finally managed to change my foggies, i got mine from ebay from some bloke in melbourne. and your right, waste of money, DRL LED are brighter, my foggies went from useful (yellow beam) to useless (fainted white)

the sensor is behind the rear view mirror i believe( check your manual)
    mine occasionally does it when i get stuck in traffic under a bridge but 2-3min later in daylight the lights turn off again.

hope i've helped.