Will a D16A8 bolt into a EK Civic?

I was thinking about getting a D16A8, to replace my D16Y4. Is it worth it and will work? The A8 is from an auto EG, could I bolt my Y4 gearbox to it as well? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    even if it did work u will never be able to register it. either look for another d16y4 or if u want a bit of an upgrade go for a d16y8

I'm getting it for free, as the previous is upgrading to a B18. Broke as, and i have the choice of getting the A8 as an upgrade.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    cant register and older motor into a newer car

Not even as a last resort?
    Using Tapatalk

First column says otherwise.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    it states engine for the series of models. u have an ek the d16a8 is from an eg not the same series

Grrrrr, Australian regulations sucks arse.
    Using Tapatalk

Not sure but the emissions standards are the key here.

A d16a8 engine CAN be bolted in and use later OBD2 emissions bits ( such as IAT on intake arm etc) and it will be technically passable. I think this is the actual correct answer.

Not sure if its relevant, but my intake isn't stock, its a 'whale penis ' intake from the previous owner. But the A8 intake is being thrown in for me.
    Using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    D16a8 is a lone wolf when it comes to d series nothing is compatible with them so most obd2 sensors and parts wont fit

Quote Originally Posted by 2MPRS View Post
    D16a8 is a lone wolf when it comes to d series nothing is compatible with them so most obd2 sensors and parts wont fit
    As said - all parts from a newer OBD2 motor will easily be able to fit a OBD1 d16a8 as Ive done it before.
    It makes it easier if you have a spare OBD2 d series motor to pull bits off.