Randomly turning off

Hey guys, pretty noobish question here but again thats why I'm asking

So I drive an Auto 1998 Lude, and randomly sometimes it'll just turn off as im driving and depending on the speed it'll clock back over, if im just slightly rolling or idling, it'll completely just turn off basically the same sensation as a stall to a tee. now I have no idea what it is doing it, but I did read somewhere a while ago that there was a recall on some of the fifth gen preludes having an issue with the igintion barrel or something like that where it lost contact causing it to turn off, again this was a while ago, so I could be completely wrong there.

Just hoping someone could shed some light on the situation if possible, or if anyone has encountered this before with their ludes

cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Hey mate,

The same thing has happened to my car. I haven't had the time to fix it but, a user, Manabir, sent me this http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368458 and it should fix the issue. As you've mentioned it is most likely the ignition barrel.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

thanks a bunch dude! going to look into it now

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    that would be it.
    mine did it to me a couple of times, replaced that and she went fine after.
    Hallowed Are The Ori

on that note, where did you guys order the part from? I cant find anywhere that ships to aus -.-

Member Array
    Car:
    AU XR8 220
    Honda stealership.
    was cheap for genuine parts from Honda...didnt have to hand over my first born or left testy, which surprised me.
    Hallowed Are The Ori

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by manabir View Post
    honda stealership.
    Was cheap for genuine parts from honda...didnt have to hand over my first born or left testy, which surprised me.
    hahahaha
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz