Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rough startup when engine is cold. Dc2 Vti-r

Just recently my dc2 vtir started having very rough startups when my engine is cold. By rough i mean, longer cranks and it would rough idle for a around 2 seconds then go back too normal cold start rpm, around 1.5k rpm. After driving the car and starting it back up when the engine is warm it would start normally with no problems at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Check battery - check the connections and the state of charge. If a few years old I'd replace it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Check spark plugs
    SSpamily

Changed spark plugs not long ago, havent checked the battery yet i will do that tommorow. Is it possible it could be fuel pressure related?

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000, DC2R
    exactly what my dc2r was doing, then i changed out my distributor thinking its that and now the car wont start at all....hope you find a fix because it maybe the same problem im having

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'Integradc2 View Post
    Changed spark plugs not long ago, havent checked the battery yet i will do that tommorow. Is it possible it could be fuel pressure related?
    What plugs did you use? How long ago
    SSpamily

I used some NGK plugs that i bought at repco... lol. They werent expensive plugs about 30$ for the set, thats all i know. Also, i should probrably add that this problem really only started happening when my car hadn't been started for a week. So im really thinking it could be something to do with the battery. I think bennjamin might be right.. Ill get around too changing the battery then see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    probably ur fitv playing up
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by 97'Integradc2 View Post
    I used some NGK plugs that i bought at repco... lol. They werent expensive plugs about 30$ for the set, thats all i know. Also, i should probrably add that this problem really only started happening when my car hadn't been started for a week. So im really thinking it could be something to do with the battery. I think bennjamin might be right.. Ill get around too changing the battery then see how it goes.
    How many km's on these plugs?

And

What mods do you have?
    SSpamily

Around 2500 kms on the plugs. The only mods i have is an exhaust and a podfilter.

Member Array
    Car:
    1964 f20b MINI!
    Is it a Brummmmm'mmm'mmm''m'''mmmmm splutter or a brum... Brum... Brum... Brum...

Member Array
    Car:
    1964 f20b MINI!
    Throttle body cleaner, spark plugs