Thread: DC2R Kms

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx

DC2R Kms

So looking at the market of dc2rs, most of them have around 200xxxks witch is average for being around 15 years old now
    Ive noticed buyers will stay away from it if it is over 200ks (as when i mention the kms to the buyers they reply with "no thanks too much kms" witch really shits me coz its a really clean car and they haven't even seen it in person)
    it is also pretty easy to cluster swap the kms lower so not all kms shown are genuine, for example i also have a vti-r and put in a type r cluster witch shows 100xxxks of course thats not genuine

would you buy a car with 200+ks? even though thats the average for 99-01 models?
    i buy the car regardless the kms, if the price is right and condition is good then its fine with me, i dont based my decision on kms
    Last edited by Johnie; 06-06-2014 at 02:24 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    200K kms on a high revving motor in a car which has probably been hammered at some time in its life. I'd want the price to be right and TBH, would always buy a lower km car unless I was familiar with its history. Before I bought my DC2R I saw a beautiful S15 Spec R with 180K kms on it - but it was 20 grand and although in excellent condition, I just didn't feel right lashing out that sort of money. Offered 16K (which at the time was the price of an import) but the owner held out. So I walked away.

In my experience of owning cars (29 years), it's a buyers market, not a sellers. The value you attach to a car is not what a buyer will see and if the price/condition/kms etc isn't right then they won't be interested.

Average is average and although my EF9 SiR got to 300K kms on the odometer - at 210K kms, little things needed fixing (although I never needed to open up the engine). People factor that in and there is a perception that high revving motors will need work the older they get - it's not always true but a buyer will factor that in when looking at a price.

I bought the lowest km DC2R I could find - but TBH, I wasn't interested in one that had over 150K kms and would have picked up an EP3 or S15 if they had come up with the right kms/price first.

Having said that, I also drive an '85 E30 that had its odometer break at 230K kms 5 years ago - and I love it (but it only set me back 2 grand ).
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    kms doesnt really matter if compression good and overall condition of car is good. maybe ppl lowball you because condition is potato?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre