D series distributor

Got a d13 dizzy that needs a internal oil seal.

Anybody know if all the d series dizzy shafts are the same od?

And anybody got measurements for the seal? Dont want to wait for one from the states.

Thanks

PS: If anybody is pulling apart a distributor from a d13, the shaft is in two pieces, there's a screw in it holding them together

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Try having a look at
    Hondapartsnow.com
    Or
    Hondapartsdirect.com

Have a look at the parts breakdown images
    See if you can find yours
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

I recently had to change my D15b4 dizzy and ended up using a d15b3 dizzy, from all info I could find they are internally the same across d series carb dizzys.
    Try a bearing/seal local distributors like bearing wholesalers. As long as you have the specs they will be able to find you something

Yeah that was my plan to get one locally, i screwed the seal getting it out though, so cant get decent measurements from it.

Any idea of the dimensions?

No idea. In the past if I didn't have luck with a Google search I would just call up a honda dealership and ask the parts department for the specs of the part, tell them you need one asap and will try to find one locally but if that doesnt work you'll order the part off them.
    Once you have the specs call up bearing wholesalers. You can also order all seals in a type of brand... name escapes me at the moment but its a red type of rubber that is more durable, better heat resistant too, Little more expensive but not by much

Viton seals, just remebered

For those who are interested there is a difference in seal size between the Hitachi and Tec distributors.
    These are the dimensions for the hitachi type distributors. ID 12.45mm, OD 22mm, W 6mm the part number is Kok3286. The bearing place I spoke to said they couldn't get it, so I ordered one from the states.

Nice work. Was it expensive?

Nah about $10 or so, postage was about the same too. Took a couple weeks to get here, its doing the job though.