Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking at buying a good exhaust- Need some help

Looking at buying a new exhaust for my car. Would have probably bought the J's racing FX Pro Single but I think its a bit too loud for street use, don't want to get defected. These two look to be the next best option but I havent been able to find too much info on either. Is anyone using either of them?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-muffle...0-ap1-ap2.html
    http://www.rhdjapan.com/mugen-sports...s2000-ap1.html

Any advice would be great.

Spoon is just as loud as the js racing exhaust. Just go rs system which is cat back and has an added resonator. Then buy a test pipe to replicate re system

Really? I would have thought the J's one would have been louder. What about the FX Pro, anyone heard or running one?

Fujitsubo or Kakimoto

Have you checked them both out?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Add toda (can get straight tail or dolphin tail) to the list also. Similar price/quality to spoon and mugen. I think the Ti tips and big barrels suit the s2000 rear end. Good volume for street. Every spoon ive heard on a honda has a fuk off loudness to it, only sounds racey when you're fanging it and can be annoying when trying to drive normally.

Guessing you like the look of Ti tip since you were looking at J's racing anyhow

Last edited by charliebrown; 15-06-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Havent heard the Toda system. Will look into it.
    Not a fan of the Fujitsobo or Kakimoto either, thanks

Btw the J's FX-Pro are all ****en loud... RS is loud as hell, RR is idiotic...

If you're worried about street defect/cops bending you over, don't get Spoon N1 or J's FX-Pro...

Check this vid out ---> Link

afaik, none of them are JASMA approved meaning they're all well over 98dB
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 15-06-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    why not Invidia Q300 Catback Exhaust ???

S2000 Invidia N1 Dual Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Btw the J's FX-Pro are all ****en loud... RS is loud as hell, RR is idiotic...

If you're worried about street defect/cops bending you over, don't get Spoon N1 or J's FX-Pro...

Check this vid out ---> Link

afaik, none of them are JASMA approved meaning they're all well over 98dB
    I have heard the Spoon N1 and don't like it at all.

I'm mainly after something that doesn't attract the much attention for being too loud, sounds good and doesn't drone.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    how set are you on buying a whole new exhaust?
    a friend of mine has a berks HFC and q300 with headers and intake, made 193WHP (roughly 10-13 more than stock)
    sounds nice, loud agressive when u punch it.

i went to my exhaust shop and asked for a pipe to be made from my cat to the oem y split, deleting the reso and twin cam.
    this makes the car a tad louder, no drone. more raspy imagine rally car noise. but i kept the stock rear mufflers which are twin loop and keep sound minimal can only really notice it when throttle is open more or when in vtec. the setup all though sounds lame made surprising gain

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    If you want insanity sound i would recommend buddyclub spec IV

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    how set are you on buying a whole new exhaust?
    a friend of mine has a berks HFC and q300 with headers and intake, made 193WHP (roughly 10-13 more than stock)
    sounds nice, loud agressive when u punch it.

i went to my exhaust shop and asked for a pipe to be made from my cat to the oem y split, deleting the reso and twin cam.
    this makes the car a tad louder, no drone. more raspy imagine rally car noise. but i kept the stock rear mufflers which are twin loop and keep sound minimal can only really notice it when throttle is open more or when in vtec. the setup all though sounds lame made surprising gain
    it was an invidia N1, not the q300

did u ever consider that 'uk exhaust mod'?
    Last edited by curtis265; 22-06-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    You want the best... Not too loud but nice when you punch. Good power gains and response.
    T1R 70R SPARROW

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc..._70mm_Sparrow/

Thats if u dont want js etc.
    "RIP Paul Walker. You will be sadly missed by all the car lovers out there..."