Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    plenty of B series motors around, if you blow it up, put another one in.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by tombini View Post
    Sounds legit...

I was thinking something around 6-8 PSI. If I increased that value, what would be the first component to go?
    Bottom end will probably go. You wouldn't put more than 10psi on a stock motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA7
    if dump enough fuel into the cylinder you can run up to 16psi on stock motor,but to be safe 11psi should get you over 200hpatw.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    PM DL001 on these forums - he's actually done all of this as opposed to those that theorycraft
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    /snip
    What sort of things should I look out for, and is this even possible?

Thanks in advance
    Tombini
    Tombini welcome to OzHonda and congratulations on the project. Pictures please.

Your budget really depends on how you want to spend.. At the end of the day I don't honestly think you'd be able to have a reliable set up for $1000 but I'd be happy to have my opinion proven wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Setanta View Post
    PM DL001 on these forums - he's actually done all of this as opposed to those that theorycraft
    Good advice, shame Dean's threads not available.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    I did a quick search and can't find the user DL001, which is a shame since learning from someone who's done it is the best way in my opinion. I've attached an Imgur URL which shows the beast as is;

http://imgur.com/w99Ig22,NSAIl1U#0

Vinyl wrapped, black rims and a few other cosmetic modifications. It's all bark and no bite unfortunately.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    good manifold will be $1000 shipped from usa.

or tuning would be $1000

or just a ECU will be over $1000.

u have $1000 budget? dont bother
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Sounds legit...

I was thinking something around 6-8 PSI. If I increased that value, what would be the first component to go?
    piston rings.
    bearings next
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I did a quick search and can't find the user DL001
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?1766-DLO01

I own the car but bought it minus the turbo gear. There used to be a feature article on it but the website is gone sadly as his work was amazing.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Clutch hehehe

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Yeah, as everyone is saying, your budget is way too low. Honda, cheap, performance, reliability, unfortunately do not go together. If you can save some more money you can get a 'good setup' and something you WILL be happy with and WILL last and WILL perform, that WONT cost you $ down the line. Use this time to do more research and increase your knowledge. Manifold, exhaust, intake piping, intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, Ecu and tuning, clutch. You'll need associated plumbing, oil feed to turbo, bung in your sump for turbo oil drain, water lines etc. Theres lots to think of and quite often one does not work without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post

Good advice, shame Dean's threads not available.
    It is now........
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...01-Dean-s-DC2R
    Deano.

Hey mate. .. I did a little research myself on exactly what you are planning to do.
    Now you can buy a complete turbo+cooler+everything else for as low as $1.5k.
    Dont worry about the internals, you should be safe with maximum 8pound boost.
    I don't know if your planning to do the labor yourself, if not then your looking at paying alot more than expected.
    Once its all done you MUST get it tuned or watch it fall apart on you.

I do have a question for you though. ... you have the b18b. Is this vtec standard? And what model car is it? Gsi? Vtir?