Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I got mine from hondapartsdirect.com for about $11
    But shipping to Aus is $50
    But i got alot of stuff $130 worth
    So shipping worked out to just over $70
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    offtopic - but any links for a good hondabond source ?
    JDMyard sells for 19 bux.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    ok looks like the head gasket is on its way out, i have reinstated a thread elsewhere regarding engine builders in melbourne, if the head is coming off may aswell have it inspected and look into options regarding modifications.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    What evidence brings you to that conclusion?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    traces of water in the rocker cover and a milky substance under the oil cap, going through coolant and it seems to be running a few degrees warmer than normal, from my understanding that sums up a head gasket? what do others think?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by monda2 View Post
    out of interest why does (why would ) you want the 'blow off' / oil return back into the intake manifold and combine with the fuel/air- so it can burn away??

why cant this excessive oil return to a catch can instead?

was thinking of installing the pcv valve back inline from the cannister to my catch can
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Because it's to do with emission regulations
    Don't be caught without it
    In my opinion, it's better to vent into a catch can and be disposed of correctly, instead of being burnt through the engine and out the atmosphere..

my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Honda Aus wanted $64 for the pcv valve and about that much for Hondabond
    Get em from USA for 1/4 price
    i paid $14 for one at autopro
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    traces of water in the rocker cover and a milky substance under the oil cap, going through coolant and it seems to be running a few degrees warmer than normal, from my understanding that sums up a head gasket? what do others think?
    yep I agree, by the way is anyone on the same page as me regarding the above? I am assuming its worth purchasing a OEM head gasket, with the head off I guess valve stem seals are worth doing? I am on a tight budget, would love to install different cams but not sure if I can stretch that far.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yes OEM VRS Kit should be a must for you at the moment. I bought mine from JDMyard for $320 i think.

If you could stretch out, I mean your already paying for the most expensive part and they probs gonna charge for OEM replacement.

Option out for these at minimum - SuperTech B Series Super Valve train Combo Wombo
    (you can find it cheaper on other sites)

This way, if you want cams in the future. Just drop em straight in and tune.

My True and Honest Advice - The Days of BWAHHHAAA are numbered now, do cheap full OEM rebuild. Sell her off before she looses too much value. Damn new laws.

If you are taking the head off because of a head gasket , there's a chance the head will need skimming / machining too.

You can't do this stuff on a budget - it really has to be done properly and no expense spared. Just get the head off get it checked and go from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    yes I think that is the way to go, remove the head and see whats what
    budget might be the incorrect word, basically want to spend least amount $$$ possible but still have a quality job, happy to keep everything fairly standard if it is a substantial amount cheaper, I know porting and polishing is $$$ so I will stay away from that but maybe increase the compression slightly, cams ?? heard they add up so they can stay if still ok etc

Who do you guys recommend to take the head too - in melbourne - south east, bayside?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    yes I think that is the way to go, remove the head and see whats what
    budget might be the incorrect word, basically want to spend least amount $$$ possible but still have a quality job, happy to keep everything fairly standard if it is a substantial amount cheaper, I know porting and polishing is $$$ so I will stay away from that but maybe increase the compression slightly, cams ?? heard they add up so they can stay if still ok etc

Who do you guys recommend to take the head too - in melbourne - south east, bayside?

Cheers
    Just don't get duped into someone recommending a quick headgasket swap. Chances are you'll need it machined like ben said. If you DO need it machined and you just change the gaskets over, you'll get the same problem again in the near future and then you'll either A) get it done again properly B) Get pissed off and sell it.

Shop around for someone reputable.

You get what you pay for.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini/Honda
    yes that is true, always get what you pay for

Ok head gasket not confirmed, i am confused

drained the oil, looked perfect, no signs of coolant, refilled oil, started engine, looks like a light grey/white smoke when cold with water/condensation from exhaust pipe, I also bleed cooling system again.

once engine is at normal temp and electric fan kicks in, the smoke disappears and no water/condensation out of exhaust pipe (assuming its due to been quite hot)

let engine cool down ,a milky residue under oil cap, coolant level in overflow catch tank went down slightly?

has anyone had a leak down test done on their car, would that be worth it?

could coolant be leaking internally somewhere??
    cheers