Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad to hear you got it working. This is a good project for anyone to do who wants to learn really basic electronics skills.

Now that you know how relays work, you can have a go at upgrading your headlight loom

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Do you have links of all the parts you purchased from jaycar for this to work?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic CXi
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Do you have links of all the parts you purchased from jaycar for this to work?
    I actually purchased the central locking kit that came with the remotes and brain, actuators and bracing bars, connectors everything in the one box. Added to that i got some electrical tape, quick connectors and some spare 12v wire (which I did Not need).

Cheers Matt - did you watch the video I made?

this is the kit & link

4 Door Remote Controlled Central Locking Kit with Kill Switch
    http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LR8842

Lock and Unlock your car doors from a distance without having to fumble around with keys. Includes outputs to flash the indicators for visiual confirmation, as well as outputs for sunroof and window closers (where fitted). An additional security button can be installed to cut off the fuel pump to prevent the car being stolen. Supplied with 1 master actuator, 3 slave actuators, control relay, two remotes with batteries, kill switch, hardware and wiring loom.

Specifications:
    • Working voltage: 9 - 16VDC
    • Frequency: 433.92MHz
    Last edited by mattmag71; 09-11-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: added link
    98 EK1 CXi Hatch - Beginner and newbie. Go Easy..........

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic CXi
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_biscuits View Post
    Glad to hear you got it working. This is a good project for anyone to do who wants to learn really basic electronics skills.

Now that you know how relays work, you can have a go at upgrading your headlight loom
    Dave i could not get your way of doing it to work try as I might an in the end I wish I just brought the aftermarket kit and been done with it. It was easy as in the end. I am sure your way works but I had to move on.
    HOWEVER I now know way more about auto electrics and have 2 great free sites full of info on 12v so it is all good in the end.

Cheers
    Matt
    98 EK1 CXi Hatch - Beginner and newbie. Go Easy..........

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmag71 View Post
    Hi Dave_Biscuits I tried to do it your way thought I had found the answer on 12volt .com about how to wire the relays and NOPE.
    But I did make a DIY video on how to do it with an aftermarket kit.

Success

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_2z1fFrdhA

Well, it is done I ended up with Keyless remote entry.
    I followed this video and wired the 12v constant (white with green strip) to the red wire.

However, upon further inspection the white and green strip is actually a negative wire. And I think it has influences on the way the lock and unlock works.

My unlock button - locks the car
    My lock button - unlocks the car

Is this correct? or is my ECU chip faulty?