Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch

Dc2 Vtir Knuckles on an EF CRX, hear me out...

So ive read and read and read and read...

I want to know if anyone out there knows if it is possible to get correct suspension geometry while using dc2 Vtir knuckles, dc2 coilovers completely sacked (skunk2 pro s 2) and adjustible everything including traction bar (camber kit, etc) on my crx without having to machine anything...

I know the camber will be out and I know the car may sit taller than desired initially but with an adjustible traction bar will the adjustment be enough to offset the added CASTER angle the vtir/itr knuckles create.

Someone has to have done it!!! Facts please!! Ive read over 20 threads worth of speculation, I want facts! Please and thankyou xx

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    So I heard you out, in exchange for my time do you care to share why you want to do this?

As an anecdotal piece of evidence, a friend with a DA (similar OEM knuckle geometry to EF) fitted DC2R knuckles and even with quite low ride height and negative camber adjustment (the pivoting ball joint style setup) he was still only able to get to roughly neutral camber, perhaps -0.5° at most. If you want to do it, get a pair of the DC2 knuckles, put them in a press and bend them, bam problem solved.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I have personally fitted EG knuckles onto an ED, which are essentially the same shape as DC2.

I have seen first hand the shape doesn't allow for suitable camber no matter what you do. So agree completely with what chargeR has said.

May I ask why, you say you want to fit VTiR knuckles. You can run the same disc and caliper using a set of DA9 knuckles.... What's the purpose of using the DC2 parts?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chargeR again.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Its only a matter of sourcing the part really as I already have the vtir knuckles and $300 worth of brake parts on it. I dont want to sell them and id really like not to sell them as ill lose money. I figure that if I can run 0 camber but excessive caster the camber on cornering will be comfortable and work well however if it is too much trouble than its worth I understand. I think what I will do is simply try it with my setup and visually assess the situation. If the prospective 0.5o is achievable it may work, just. It all depends on the caster angle I can achieve...

Markismaximus wouldnt bending run the risk of snapping?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Unless im wrong but to my knowledge getting the caster right means I can run 0 camber and have effectively 2o camber when the wheel is turned

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by russell.94 View Post
    Its only a matter of sourcing the part really as I already have the vtir knuckles and $300 worth of brake parts on it. I dont want to sell them and id really like not to sell them as ill lose money. I figure that if I can run 0 camber but excessive caster the camber on cornering will be comfortable and work well however if it is too much trouble than its worth I understand. I think what I will do is simply try it with my setup and visually assess the situation. If the prospective 0.5o is achievable it may work, just. It all depends on the caster angle I can achieve...

Markismaximus wouldnt bending run the risk of snapping?
    What brake parts? Discs, calipers, pads? All that can be transferred onto a DA9 knuckle.

Personally I would not bend a knuckle. It would weaken it, and seems pointless when there are plenty of DA9 knuckles around.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Ok well here's what ill do,, ill test out the dc2 knuckles and if they dont work ill get some other knuckles. Im gonna do it anyways and do a write up on the results!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Yes, all the above Markismaximus

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    What brake parts? Discs, calipers, pads? All that can be transferred onto a DA9 knuckle.

Personally I would not bend a knuckle. It would weaken it, and seems pointless when there are plenty of DA9 knuckles around.
    Yeah agree with that for sure, I'd only bend the knuckle as an absolute last resort. Silly when you can just get a DA knuckle and fit up all the other bits from the DC2 knuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by russell.94 View Post
    Unless im wrong but to my knowledge getting the caster right means I can run 0 camber and have effectively 2o camber when the wheel is turned
    Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Caster on its own does mean that you gain camber as you turn the wheel, but unfortunately there is the effect of steering axis inclination that more than cancels this effect out for any reasonable caster number (ie. less than about 11° degrees on an unmodified EF, it will be worse with the DC2 knuckle). So more than likely you're never going to have more camber than when your wheels are pointed straight ahead.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    Ok, bugger. Ill just get some da knuckles then if that will take all the dc2 stuff (calipers, rotors, bolt on no modification)??

Could you use the fast brakes adapter and all the dc2 gear on the stock ed knuckle?
    http://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/...-rotor-kit.htm

scratch that the pads will be too far up the rotor, as its designed for bigger rotors.
    Last edited by shake; 04-07-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: wont work

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I have 260mm brakes on ed/ef knuckle for sale.

Was used on b18c ed9 crx.
    SSpamily