Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B18c swap help

B18c swap help

Hey there guys... im currently doing a B18c2 swap in my Honda CRX 1988...
    im close to finishing it but im stuck on the power steering pump...
    i cant get it to fit... any help guys....

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Didnt' you look into this issue before you started it?
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    what exactly is wrong? y cant u seem to get the PS to fit

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    what exactly is wrong? y cant u seem to get the PS to fit
    1988 CRX AFAIK has very little room in the frontal area

there is just no room to make it fit... its hitting the headlight assembly.. i think im gonna try grinding that part away

Quote Originally Posted by GEN2
    there is just no room to make it fit... its hitting the headlight assembly.. i think im gonna try grinding that part away
    i aided in the process of a b18c into a 88 crx a few years back - we got the power steering in - off the top of my head we used a single EG civic radiator + no air conditioning ( no cooler, giving space for the pulley).

There is a way !

good luck

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN2
    I'd be carefull about just cutting away the body like that!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    in the states they dont use the power steering, hence hasports designing the mounts like that. u still got your power steering man? how much is it hitting by?
    let me know if u found anything helpful lol

oh and ben did that happen to be spookys old car? red stocky lookin gen2?
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 13-04-2005 at 12:34 AM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Detailed right up requested.

Hi OH crew
    I have done a detailed search and i believe this is the correct area to post.Hopefully.....

Scenario my gearbox went on my car a couple of nights ago. Had to tow it all the way from eastern suburbs to ma place and it ended up being a bit after midnite.

Definately not the best scene in the world seeing ur ride out of action on some tow truck.

Enough is enough....
    I need quiet a detail write up carried out on a B18c engine swap into a ED 88 CRX gen 2.Links or experienced people needed to contribute with any useful information.I understand that repairing the gearbox either getting a second hand 1 is cheaper compared to a entire b18c engine conversion. But i don;t want that no more . I want to go ahead and do the whole b18c conversion (Hydro.)

To my understanding i would need to out source a half cut engine, engine mounts(incl rear bracket), shift linkage and axle and custom made wiring loom if i am correct?Did i leave anything out

($) Price to estimate ($)
    ##############
    B18c half cut(VTI-R,TYPE-R) $3000-$6000
    Custom gear shipped from the US landed (engine mounts, shiftlinkage, axle etc) $1500 -$2000
    *Labour not quiet sure but i need some1 from Melbourne to carry out a professional, clean with an engineer's certificate job.

PM of any mechanics/organisations.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    SNOOG_GEE start your own thread about this, don't hijack someone elses. But to quickly answer. You will need a half cut, shift linkage, mounts (make sure you get the left hand side bracket if your doing b18c), axles, if your using a hydro gearbox you need the cable-hydro conversion, and you will need someone to rewire the wiring loom.

Now back to topic, when I did my conversion into a civic, it was a very tight fit, but it did just fit (using hasport mounts, couple of mm clearance). I decided to get rid of the P/S pump though, coz it was a track car and didn't see the use.

But it all depends on how close it is to hitting. If its not far try bashing it a bit in, I wouldn't be cuting anything though.
    Last edited by ekslut; 31-08-2005 at 03:15 PM.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    iv driven a B16A GenII without the power stearing attached, it was suprisingly ok to drive with out poer stearing, quite a light front end.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    likewise. i really dont think its necessary. you are moving small wheels and they are rather light cars. parking is the only invconvienience, and even that isnt a huge issue.

id prefer it without