Hey guys, so i have done a fair bit of research towards this and it is my understanding that I can get this to work. Just wanting to know if anyone else has opinions or experience with this conversion?

Currently I have my engine out and in a million pieces ready for the machine shop to prepare it for a rebuild. It's a D15B4, but I can potentially get a D16Y1 head. I'm not chasing big power so please no saying just get a B16, as I also don't want to change fuel tank, run return lines, rewire the whole car, get adapters and engine mounts etc, etc, etc. It's more for the experience and learning factor and to give my daily driver a bit more of a zippy feel to it.

I've seen write ups on a mini me using the duel carbs and he seems pretty happy with it. He used the D16z6 and said it's a better choice then a D16y8 but didn't explain why, is it because it's OBD1? Although I'd think that wouldn't matter in a carbed set up? And is it correct the D16Y1 is the same engine as the D16Z6 just for the Australian market?

Main issue I'm worried about is tuning the carbs and sourcing parts to do that so they work with this head. So what are everyone's thoughts on this conversion and the likely hood of it working?