Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got myself a Del Sol, what now?

Hi guys/gals

I recently got myself a cheap del sol from a friend and I'm looking at getting it back on the road to sell.
    I have the basic idea of what needs doing to it but if I can do anything else to increase the resell value I'll add it to the list.

What kind of mods can I do myself that might look good to a potential buyer?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Non-OEM mods don't add value.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Kswap
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by carayan View Post
    Kswap
    he wants to increase value not lose money

OP just fix any issues it has,restore everything to original and mint,good detail too

dont bother adding any aftermarket shit

Correct, overall mods don't add up UNLESS you can get them unbelievably cheap and find a buyer willing to shell out $$$ for it.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    mod it with oem parts. oem best m8
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben01 View Post
    Hi guys/gals

I recently got myself a cheap del sol from a friend and I'm looking at getting it back on the road to sell.
    Are you in NSW?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Hi Op,

Its great to know you have an del sol. I use to have two delsol's myself at the same time.

I wonder if you have either a red one or black one that your fixing to sell.

What i have noticed with delsol's that going to make or break a successful sale is the condition of the body.
    They are a great P plater car to begin being a b16a and who doesnt like to have a good looking car on their p's.
    However if the body doesn't look good/great no younger person will give it second look in the sea of second hand cars that can be bought for cheap without diving head first into a.. 20+ year old car.

Attending a recent CRX meet which ended being more a delsol meet haha than anything. Was great to see stanced lowered delsol's on dish wheels .

If your planing to do mods that actually count.
    I truely believe its going to be exterior paint and seats.
    There is a few options and thats the recaro SR3 which i found 4x delsol's had on the CRX night or S2k seats which is a personal faviourite.Reason is u can see the loop in the seat out thru the back window.

And maybe a dc2R steering wheel. depending on budget.

With the paint u can bring the price down heaps on the overal labour on the respray if you sand it down yourself.
    And pay a resprayer just to do the primer , paint and clear coat.

Me and 2 other mates were able to sand down a Nissan S13 silvia which is much more bigger than a del sol.And that ended up costing 1200-1400. depending on the bodyshop.

Sorry bout the long wait, I completely forgot about this thread.
    So from what the majority says I will try and keep parts oem, but does that include mods such as lowered springs/coilovers and exhaust?
    It does need a respray but its just on the targa top and front bumper so it shouldn't be too costly.
    However all the other parts I need might be a bit hard to come by as they are pretty rare where I live. I don't think I have seen a single Del sol around here ever, so I might come back here to see if anyone has anything they might have up for sale.
    Thanks for the advice

Btw I live in VIC shogunovddrk

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    Hi Op,

Its great to know you have an del sol. I use to have two delsol's myself at the same time.

I wonder if you have either a red one or black one that your fixing to sell.

What i have noticed with delsol's that going to make or break a successful sale is the condition of the body.
    They are a great P plater car to begin being a b16a and who doesnt like to have a good looking car on their p's.
    However if the body doesn't look good/great no younger person will give it second look in the sea of second hand cars that can be bought for cheap without diving head first into a.. 20+ year old car.

Attending a recent CRX meet which ended being more a delsol meet haha than anything. Was great to see stanced lowered delsol's on dish wheels .

If your planing to do mods that actually count.
    I truely believe its going to be exterior paint and seats.
    There is a few options and thats the recaro SR3 which i found 4x delsol's had on the CRX night or S2k seats which is a personal faviourite.Reason is u can see the loop in the seat out thru the back window.

And maybe a dc2R steering wheel. depending on budget.

With the paint u can bring the price down heaps on the overal labour on the respray if you sand it down yourself.
    And pay a resprayer just to do the primer , paint and clear coat.

Me and 2 other mates were able to sand down a Nissan S13 silvia which is much more bigger than a del sol.And that ended up costing 1200-1400. depending on the bodyshop.

hes gonna sell the car gee
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Just got it home, needs a bit of work, and a really good wash (lots of bird shit you cant see).
    What do you guys think? any potential?

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuben01 View Post

Just got it home, needs a bit of work, and a really good wash (lots of bird shit you cant see).
    What do you guys think? any potential?
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    hes gonna sell the car gee
    yeah i realise ... just got to much heart for the X.
    sad that he is gonna sell it.

Op if this the red sol from geelong, vic it was selling cheap (SCORE)
    as for what most have said about OEM its great to increase its value but the tricker part is if u cant find the OEM parts to begin with its gonna be just as expensive as aftermarket LOL.
    I had a quick search online both ebay and gumtree and i seem to not be able to locate del sol wheel centre caps. Would make it loads cleaner.
    If you can find it stuff like that it would be good start particular from the exterior point of view.
    Even my housemate she has the same rim on her EG civic and again no centre caps i dont think.