Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Question Advice on springs/shocks for Dc2

I want to lower my dc2 vtir on some springs about 60 to 70mm lower. Should I buy new shocks as well? Or just buy the springs and leave the stock shocks?

That's a massive drop, stock shocks will die + compromise your control over the car...

Invest in new shocks though which ones can handle that drop I'm not entirely sure... Had Koni Yellow with KG/mm DR2 with some crazy drop that had my EG off the deck by some 50mm and it handled them fine o.O
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by porreca96 View Post
    I want to lower my dc2 vtir on some springs about 60 to 70mm lower. Should I buy new shocks as well? Or just buy the springs and leave the stock shocks?

how much do you want to spend ?

IMO if you just want to dump it , grab some cheap coilovers such as BC racing or similar (sold by traders on this forum) and dump the car , they will achieve what you want and still be reasonably safe.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Want to spend less then $600. So should I just get some cheap coilovers instead ? Or $600 is not enough for coilovers

You can find coilovers for that much. Start searching , try bc racing , skunk2 etc

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Function & Form are close to your budget http://www.ebay.com/itm/Function-and...-/301057513390

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Alright im going to try find some adjustable coilovers. Thanks for the help guys!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    I just want them for looks and daily driving not for track. So is function and form reliable?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I just want them for looks and daily driving not for track. So is function and form reliable?
    Youre asking a bit much for your budget
    SSpamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Youre asking a bit much for your budget
    So should i just get a good set of springs and shocks for my budget? Or still not enough?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    So should i just get a good set of springs and shocks for my budget? Or still not enough?
    If you want to go lower and spend as little as possible, get AEG Custom springs.

going 60 - 70mm lower won't be legal so no need to worry about that.

You can get coilover suspension with your budget, just don't bother asking about performance, quality or reliability.

If I were you, I would save for quality. because been there done that.

Your shocks will die in 6 months with springs that low
    SSpamily

I probably wouldn't cheap on coilovers, considering it's the thing that holds your car up from hitting the ground :/