Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU Tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    How long is a piece of string?

$880 for a full tune is normal. Less for a touch-up job.

All depends on how long you're on the dyno. I've forked out $1,200 for a full day once.
    OUCH! talk about premium price

Just for reference, a full tune for my tuner is only $650 for first tune Hondata or neptune with regards to honda, an that is with a new tune, an that accounts to including cold start tuning, requiring the vehicle to stay over nite if need be and any amount of hours if needed to be tuned
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    ^whos ur tuner? Pm me?

OP, of course you should tell the tuner about internals, compression and mods so that they can work them to their full advantage
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    pls do tell who this ahole is. pm if you like, need to know where not to go hehe
    All good, I ended up getting the car road-tuned for less than any price mentioned in here. Car pulls like a freaking train.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dave View Post
    ^whos ur tuner? Pm me?

OP, of course you should tell the tuner about internals, compression and mods so that they can work them to their full advantage
    done buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    All good, I ended up getting the car road-tuned for less than any price mentioned in here. Car pulls like a freaking train.
    Butt dyno are good, so long as u have a good wideband an tuner hahaha, but realistically tuning a car should be done on both a chassis dyno and on the road
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    Does telling him the motor specs help? eg. Compression rate, bolt ons applied and internal work?

yes

full info should be given

tuners are not magicians, and cant magically figure out whats inside
    unless they built the motor themselves

full specs rundown will give the tuner the info they need to tune to maximum potential
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    done buddy

Butt dyno are good, so long as u have a good wideband an tuner hahaha, but realistically tuning a car should be done on both a chassis dyno and on the road

Wideband, exceptional tuner, and finished with about two hours on the dyno.

And yeah it helps to have a tuner who has an idea of where to start with the tune according to the specific setup as lilthug has said.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thank you for all the info guys much appreciated.
    Unfortunately I have bumped into something before I was about to book in my tune.

Was doing a final check if there were any leaks and etc. I just noticed with my adjustable cam gears, two of the little studs that I think are used to tighten/loosen for the cam adjustment are rounded off is there any way around this without purchasing a new set of adjustable cam gears? Is it possible to replace those studs?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    It should just be a little alan key bolt or similar
    Replaceable likely