Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I asked a dealer salesman how many forward gears does the CVT auto have and they said 5.
    really?

Suzuki makes a 7 speed CVT for their kei cars and i am sure other makers have 6 speed.
    Last edited by Grayfox; 12-08-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    It's a simulated 7 speed CVT from memory
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    It's a simulated 7 speed CVT from memory
    Was thinking that since the VIN had the number 8 after the chassis code which normally tells you how many gears in total, 6 for 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto + reverse and so forth.
    But the salesman said 5 speed, but the salesman might not know anything about it and think it is like the old autos.

If it really is a 7 speed CVT it would be zippy, even more so if we get the L15B engine in a facelift

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Was thinking that since the VIN had the number 8 after the chassis code which normally tells you how many gears in total, 6 for 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto + reverse and so forth.
    But the salesman said 5 speed, but the salesman might not know anything about it and think it is like the old autos.

If it really is a 7 speed CVT it would be zippy, even more so if we get the L15B engine in a facelift
    He probably did not realise they went back to the CVT, like the first gen was
    Too bad we did not get the JDM DOHC L15B
    Maybe in the update next year we'll get it
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Been using my MY05 VTi-S till couple weeks ago, also have MY09 for a period of time, and now with my MY15 VTi-L in Modern Steel colour. By comparison, this gen3 model is way better on driving feeling. Also own Odyssey for family driving. Take off is comparative with the Odyssey. SOHC 1.5L with CVT in D mode (not S) and gentle paddle has enough for comfortable take off, and definitely feel the motion when lead footed.
    My suggestion is go for a test drive and get the feeling, I had the cloud in my head when I read all the spec but all clear after real driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    After I purchased the MY15 I drove my MY08 as I was getting it ready for the new owner to pick it up & it felt horrible to drive compared to the new model.

Even better with the Eco mode on, feel a lot more gentle with the engine reaction. Honda have done a pretty good calibration on the ECU.

def 7 speed in the new vti-s, seems very strange to drive after driving a Ge Vti-s , but totally different cvt to the Gd version.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT] View Post
    def 7 speed in the new vti-s, seems very strange to drive after driving a Ge Vti-s , but totally different cvt to the Gd version.
    so how do you find it different, honda told me they made some changes with the CVT in this years model but I can't compare as my last CVT was the 1st generation

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    im in the showroom now as i work at Burswood Honda, the new Jazz has a L15Z engine. not an L15A like previous models.

The new one is thai made atm, the first batch may of been japanese but they are now thai.

still has hondas QC.

and the VTiL in my showroom has LED headlights.

Drum breaks work well, drum is actually a very effective brake they are just no good for racing, if it were a performance vehicle i would be disspaointed but drum brakes act better for parking, and handbrakeys.

Also directional reverse camera with 3 angles. On all models.

i think overall finish quality is better than previous ones, except base model manual which is on par, but its costs less.

fuels consumption is rated at 5.8 combined

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    im in the showroom now as i work at Burswood Honda, the new Jazz has a L15Z engine. not an L15A like previous models.

The new one is thai made atm, the first batch may of been japanese but they are now thai.

still has hondas QC.

and the VTiL in my showroom has LED headlights.

Drum breaks work well, drum is actually a very effective brake they are just no good for racing, if it were a performance vehicle i would be disspaointed but drum brakes act better for parking, and handbrakeys.

Also directional reverse camera with 3 angles. On all models.

i think overall finish quality is better than previous ones, except base model manual which is on par, but its costs less.

fuels consumption is rated at 5.8 combined
    I have a VTI-S which also has the led lights which are fantastic to drive at night, brakes are fine no problems there. AU have always been from thailand except when it was flooded so they came out of Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    How is are the LED headlights like? how high/low beam work?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC