Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation 2014 3rd gen Honda Jazz arrive July 2014, but big disappointment in engine type :(

Evening folks. Just wanna share some thoughts with the new Jazz which will be out July 2014. I did a search couldn't find a similar topic. So I am hoping this is a new topic here.

According to Honda Australia Official, the 3rd gen Jazz arriving in July. http://www.honda.com.au/news_detail....907&category=3
    Yes, you are right! We will see the all new Jazz from the local showroom by end of this month! Getting excited? I was too! But,,, hang on a second! After reading thru this official news, my big excitment turn into big disappointment! I think the Honda enthusiasts can already tell where the problem is.

In the news Honda claim this "The all-new Jazz will be available in three variants – VTi, VTi-S and VTi-L – all powered by a 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine delivering 88 kilowatts of power at 6,600 rpm and 145 Newton metres of torque at 4,500 rpm."

Well then we have a problem here. By these engine performance figures, this is clearly an old SOHC L15A engine which used on previous two generations. I have been expecting the 3rd gen Jazz come with a all new DOHC direct injection engine, like the Japanese, US, and Chinese market, but apparently I have been dreaming

Some of people might ask, does it matter even if it comes with an old engine? I would say apart from the performance difference (engine output and fuel consumption) and if you do not think being unfair to Aussie consumers, the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!

But to me, or probably to some Honda enthusiasts, it does matters!

the 3rd gen Jazz engine in Japan. US, and eastern-Asia countries as below:
    Model: L15B (Earth Dream)
    Type: DOHC Direct Injection i-VTEC
    Compression Ratio: 11.5
    Max Power: 97kw (132PS) @ 6600
    Max Torque: 155Nm (15.8kgm) @ 4600

As you can see, this new L15B has the highest power output over any Natural Aspirated engines with same displacement. I feel glad that Honda did it again, well ahead of competitors in terms of engine performance. But the problem is we are not gonna enjoy it in Australia. At least not for a while, while the other 3rd gen Jazz owners overseas already enjoying the fun.

Just wanna express how I feel ATM:
    This is obvious extremely unfair to some Australians who intended to buy 3rd gen Jazz (When I mean some, because I know most buyers do not care about slight difference in engine performance )
    Honda assemble plant in Thailand has lots of parts from 2nd gen jazz leftover. By putting those obsolete parts into new Jazz could guarantee low production cost and consume all the older stocks
    Also this could help Honda Australia marketing to work out a sharp price tag on the new Jazz (same price as the old ones)

I am not saying that its a absolutely wrong idea to throw an old engine into a new car. There still be some advantages such as low price tag, and the old engine may be more reliable. But What I wanna express is that the 3rd Jazz was design along with a all new earth dream direction injection engine, and I believe such engine is perfect for the 3rd gen Jazz since it would have been designed and engineered for the 3rd gen Jazz. I also believe the earth dream engine can truly reveal the potential of the 3rd gen jazz chassis.

I was going to sell my FK civic for the new Jazz. But I have changed my mind. Hopefully after Honda Thailand plant cleared all the old engines parts, they would start making the 3rd gen Jazz "as standard" by assembling the earth dream engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Sorry to break it to you but...

The difference between the 2 motors is basically direct injection.

NONE of the direct injection "EarthDreams" engines had made it to Australia so far. I do not believe any engine out of Honda's Thai factory has direct injection (we already had this situation with the new honda accord launched almost 2 years ago)

the ONLY hope is that with the new Free trade agreement we have with Japan, we may get Japan sourced Jazz instead with direct injection instead of the one's from Thai (which we currently have a free trade agreement with)... BUT im not holding my breath, because the Thai Honda's are cheaper to make = more profit margin.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but...

The difference between the 2 motors is basically direct injection.

NONE of the direct injection "EarthDreams" engines had made it to Australia so far. I do not believe any engine out of Honda's Thai factory has direct injection (we already had this situation with the new honda accord launched almost 2 years ago)

the ONLY hope is that with the new Free trade agreement we have with Japan, we may get Japan sourced Jazz instead with direct injection instead of the one's from Thai (which we currently have a free trade agreement with)... BUT im not holding my breath, because the Thai Honda's are cheaper to make = more profit margin.

You are right. I just checked the Thai made 9th gen Accord 2.4L, it does come with "earth dream technology" but again no direct injection
    From what you saying, I feel like the thai factory is going to assemble engines without direct injection for next couple of years Okay I know it will be bigger profit margins for Honda, but we as the consumer, pay same or dearer price for same car but less power...

Do we just suck this all up..... T_T

I really hope your "free trade agreement" logic come into reality in Aussie

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    It's not just the engine that is a disappointment, what about the little details like LED headlights and the Mugen body kit for aesthetics on overseas models!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    this is the new flyer from honda which shows the models http://i.mail-cdn.com/media/app7/4/n..._campaign=jazz

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    wow pretty crappy colour range.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Honda has never had much color choice in comparison to other cars, but the yellow looks a bit better than what they had in the past. My GE09 is due for a change over, only has 58,000klms.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    new jazz now showing on honda site with prices
    http://jazz.honda.com.au/home.html

Typical Honda Australia... Miss out on most things and hopes to sell on badge alone...

And it still looks awkwardly bulky -_-
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    I owned 2 jazz cars so far & I really only buy them for the magic seats that fold down flat.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Looks like a smooshed up 5th gen oddyseey
    Wonder if they're bringing back the dreaded cvt thats in the odyssey
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    **** they ditched the auto for the cvt
    I bet this will bite honda in the ass in 10 years time
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum