Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Not sure if any of you are aware of. I just realize that all 3rd gen jazz in Aussie are made in Japan!
    You can look for the ads that the dealership place on the car sales web sites, and the country of origin is Japan!!
    I think it's good news for us, but why not throwing in a direct injection engine in the Japanese factory (the same factory make those jam Fit with direction engine)

I can understand why the new city has no direction engine since they made in Thailand. Anyone has any clues??

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenR View Post
    I can understand why the new city has no direction engine since they made in Thailand. Anyone has any clues??
    just because it's assembled in japan doesnt mean it's made form japanese local parts.

Ive replaced the headunit in my accord euro (prefacelift 2003) with a facelift one (2007), the head unit in my 2003 was made in Japan, the head unit in my replacement from 2007 was made in Thailand.

the car was always assembled in Japan.

It's probably a Japanese block with a thailand head, or a fully imported thailand engine....
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-08-2014 at 01:01 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    The only second gen Jazz that were made in Japan were the Jazz Vibe and Vibe S
    As Thailand was flooded Honda AU needed a new source to get their Jazz til Thailand got back up and running

Also the VIN number will tell you the true origin of the chassis
    Its defs going to be made in Thailand
    Cheaper as Australia has trade deals with them

Edit: New VINs are MRHGK5860FP######
    So the M is indicating a Thai manufacture
    And the chassis is now a GF lol
    Last edited by Jasemas; 06-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    just because it's assembled in japan doesnt mean it's made form japanese local parts.

Ive replaced the headunit in my accord euro (prefacelift 2003) with a facelift one (2007), the head unit in my 2003 was made in Japan, the head unit in my replacement from 2007 was made in Thailand.

the car was always assembled in Japan.

It's probably a Japanese block with a thailand head, or a fully imported thailand engine....
    Dont' forget the Thai tranny!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

its hard to imagine that a Thai built Jazz chassis and some parts get shipped over to Japan, the the whole car get assembled with some Japan made parts there, and then get shipped over to Aussie at the end? To me I dont see how Honda can reduce overall cost and maximize profit margin by doing so?

Why not just ship straight from Japan, sicne the factory there already capable of making a new car from scrach?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    the au jazz are from thailand & the usa are coming from mexico

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    its hard to imagine that a Thai built Jazz chassis and some parts get shipped over to Japan, the the whole car get assembled with some Japan made parts there, and then get shipped over to Aussie at the end?
    not chassis, just engine and whatever part they needed.

fun fact, most of the worlds VW 1.4 TSI engine block is made in a factory in China, then shipped to Germany etc for assembly.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    its hard to imagine that a Thai built Jazz chassis and some parts get shipped over to Japan, the the whole car get assembled with some Japan made parts there, and then get shipped over to Aussie at the end? To me I dont see how Honda can reduce overall cost and maximize profit margin by doing so?

Why not just ship straight from Japan, sicne the factory there already capable of making a new car from scrach?
    Have you ever looked at how a Prius is made?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    picked up my VTI-S 2015 Jazz on saturday, big improvement on the GE jazz. Lovely to drive & steering is very light.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Please enlighten the 1st and 2nd gen Jazz owners on the new 3rd gen
    Hows the drum brakes?
    What deal did you get?
    Which dealer did you buy from?
    Cheers
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Hows the drum brakes?
    i really dont think one would ever notice on the street
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Please enlighten the 1st and 2nd gen Jazz owners on the new 3rd gen
    Hows the drum brakes?
    What deal did you get?
    Which dealer did you buy from?
    Cheers
    haven't done much driving as yet but brakes are fine really cannot tell the difference between disk but drum is only on the back. My brother thought my GE09 Jazz was ugly but he saw my new jazz sitting in the showroom waiting for me to pickup & he thought the jazz was really nice. never had this comment from him before on any of my car purchases. He now wants one for his wife. The deals seem to be different from state to state, victoria getting better deals for some reason. My dealer was in sydney. I paid on the road $23500 with tinting, mats, luggage tray, premium plates, & full tank of petrol. one guy from victoria on whirlpool forum got $24,200 for VTI-L with extra's not sure how he got this price as sydney dealers were asking $26200. another guy told me he got a VTI-S for 22,000 on the road with as few extras so you need to shop around at a couple of dealers.
    hooked up my android phone to the lcd screen to view my maps works good except until honda come out with android app you cannot drive with the maps on the screen only audio. The reversing camera is good shows a outline of the area behind you & there is a line which tells how far you are away from things. Cons....don't like the driver headrest as it seems to slant forward & there is a curved pillar near the small window which really blocks your view not sure why they bothered keeping this small windows in. some people have stated the front has lost a bit of leg room but I don't agree same room as the GE. Although the chair runners are more forward & you might want to sit more forward if you do not like the see the runner . Most people are buying the blue & the white. The yellow is nice but its more of a green lemon color. Personally the jazz looks good in any color. I purchased the white orchid pearl, in the sunlight its a very pretty finish. coming from a black jazz any color would be nice except black......there is only 2 good things about black.....when you buy it & when you sell it...lol
    having owned 1st, 2nd & 3rd this is better Jazz.